My tweaks to 36-week schedules....
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/My tweaks to 36-week schedules....
Here are some things I've done to customize the 36-week schedules that I thought I'd pass on. I am somewhat of a formatting geek. I also loooove "at-a-glance" type schedules such as having an entire Term on one sheet. [I'm not suggesting these should be permanent changes, just things that made them easier for me to use.]

1. I turned the whole page to portrait format. No more turning the binder 90 degrees.
2. I added an extra row above "subject" and put the month above each week. Now I can see, for ex., that Sept. has 5 weeks, that I will only do 3 weeks in Nov and Dec, etc.
3. I made a darker line separating the columns between each month. Now I know at a glance what the goal is for each month.

Little tweaks, but they help me a lot to see where we're going, when to do it, etc.
Wife to a physics prof, Mom to:
1 XL boy (24yo hs grad in the Army); 1 L boy (22yo hs grad & college grad student, married), 1 M girl (17yo hs grad & college jr), 1 S girl (12yo, Y6), 2 XS girls (8 & 9yo, Y2)
The following 4 users Like Jenn in CA's post:
  • , COMama, Ravensgate, Subversive Gardener
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: My tweaks to 36-week schedules....
Cool. I'm thinking about going to portrait mode for next year's plans. I'm going to have 6 pages still but instead of front and back I'll have half a term per side with the readings and the daily/weekly work. If that makes sense...

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 3 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • EmilyT, Jenn in CA, Subversive Gardener
Sounds lovely but my visual brain needs to "see" it -- any way you could send an image or link to it?
Christy in TN :: oakcottage.net
A house that has a library in it has a soul. -- Plato
The following 1 user Likes Christy Hissong's post:
  • laurke
Yes, I'd love to see it!
I made myself a "bookmark" template that I will fill in each week and put in my planner. I color coded it so that I know which readings I will do in Morning Time, which I will read to my dd, and which she will do on her own. The PDF chart is my reference point so it is not necessarily vital that it's portrait for me. It would be so cool to add in monthly divisions but we are going to start schooling earlier in the year (July hopefully) and will have to pause for a few out of town trips, so going week by week is how I will have to do it anyways.

I needed the bookmark to help me fence in a week at a time or I would go buts but I also need the chart form to see the big picture!
The following 1 user Likes Anabetica's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines
I'd love to see it too!
Karen :)
Oh a bookmark sounds lovely!
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
(06-19-2014, 02:47 PM)Amy Jo Wrote: Cool. I'm thinking about going to portrait mode for next year's plans. I'm going to have 6 pages still but instead of front and back I'll have half a term per side with the readings and the daily/weekly work. If that makes sense...

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Oh, I like this! I may do half terms for 2 students on 1 page. I currently have one big spreadsheet for next year that I haven't thought about how to print yet....
Emily in Central WA
Mom to 4 boys (16yo, 15yo, 13yo, 8yo) and 2 little girls (10yo, 6yo)
AO Years 11, 10, 8, 5, 3 and 1
Here's my AO Y4 tweaked.

Let me know if you can't see it. I saved it to Google Drive but you do have to download it to see it. It's .odt format.

My original post said I put a dark line between months, but I forgot I actually shaded the alternating months which shows up better but when you print, can be too dark.

EmilyT, I was also trying to figure out how to put two years together on one sheet but I finally decided to keep them separate. This week we actually started week one of both Y1 and y4. I have Term 1 for each printed on a clipboard. My next improvement will be to print each one on a different color of paper so I can tell them apart.

The best part about adding the months was that I can now see that Term 2 will be spread over Nov-Feb (I take an extra week off in Feb), rather than constantly trying to count and see if I'm on track.

However, (back to starting week 1 this week) I'm doing 2 weeks during the summer so we can take extra time off during the school year, so I'll have to re-label the months before we start.
Wife to a physics prof, Mom to:
1 XL boy (24yo hs grad in the Army); 1 L boy (22yo hs grad & college grad student, married), 1 M girl (17yo hs grad & college jr), 1 S girl (12yo, Y6), 2 XS girls (8 & 9yo, Y2)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble Downloading Schedules malonelca 6 7,570 07-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Understanding Weekly Schedules SamaraBradford 13 16,385 04-19-2021, 12:32 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  yahoo group: AO-Member-Schedules MichelleDee 2 4,500 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do you modify chart schedules? Rsarahc 8 10,417 07-22-2017, 03:00 AM
Last Post: laurke
  Joan of Arc (year 7) week 6 reading MelissafromMD 8 9,341 03-06-2017, 02:34 AM
Last Post: NaomiG
  cannot access year 8 36-week schedule PDF cookiemelmo 2 3,860 06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: cookiemelmo