An option to favorite a post or thread?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/An option to favorite a post or thread?
I don't know the limitations of the bulletin board but is there an option available that can make it so we can favorite a post or thread and see those options in our User CP so we can go back to them later? That would make it much easier to keep track of those things that we might need in the future.
Lesa McMahon. Full-Time Graduate Student. IL, USA.
DD21/AO graduate/FT college student [Heart <3]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: An option to favorite a post or thread?
If there isn't, the suggestion I recently read was to save the link to whatever thread you want to find again, in your preferred Internet bookmark program.

Sent from my iPod Touch via Forum Runner
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: An option to favorite a post or thread?
Yes you can, except it isn't called "Favoriting", it's called "Subscribing to a thread" and you can do it by going to the bottom left end of a thread and clicking on the tiny words "Subscribe to this thread".

Once subscribed, go to the top of the forum and in the grey bar click on the words "Thread subscriptions" and it'll take you to a list of all the threads you 'subscribed' to.

Another thing you can do is to change your settings to automatically subscribe to any threads you post to. You can do that by going to User CP > Edit Options

In Edit Options, you'll see under 'Messaging and Notification' a drop down box that says "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and select either "No email notification" or "instant email notification". Either option will subscribe you to a forum. Instant email will additionally send you an email anytime there is a new post in the threads you post to. No email will not send you an email when there is a new post.

HTH!
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

(08-27-2012, 08:00 PM)NaomiG Wrote: Yes you can, except it isn't called "Favoriting", it's called "Subscribing to a thread" and you can do it by going to the bottom left end of a thread and clicking on the tiny words "Subscribe to this thread".

Once subscribed, go to the top of the forum and in the grey bar click on the words "Thread subscriptions" and it'll take you to a list of all the threads you 'subscribed' to.

Another thing you can do is to change your settings to automatically subscribe to any threads you post to. You can do that by going to User CP > Edit Options

In Edit Options, you'll see under 'Messaging and Notification' a drop down box that says "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and select either "No email notification" or "instant email notification". Either option will subscribe you to a forum. Instant email will additionally send you an email anytime there is a new post in the threads you post to. No email will not send you an email when there is a new post.

HTH!

Oh, yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that the system saves what I've subscribed to (which I do know how to use) but then again I might like an idea from a thread I've read without wanting to subscribe to it. :) I'm also subscribed to certain forum's, too. I don't want emails from everything. So again, I was hoping there would be an option to favorite a post or thread.
Lesa McMahon. Full-Time Graduate Student. IL, USA.
DD21/AO graduate/FT college student [Heart <3]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,346 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,564 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 5,061 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,858 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,913 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,035 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,697 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,383 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 21,637 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,108 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer