Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Re: RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
(10-10-2014, 08:36 AM)Hallelujah Wrote: Misty, do you think it could help, if I change my name, to put a big notice in my sig line: ***Formerly UserName "Hallelujah"*** ??

This is what I've seen dune on other forums. Although sigs don't show up for those of us using tapatalk -.but well get used to it and figure it out eventually. You could start a thread in chitchat, too.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
The following 1 user Likes Subversive Gardener's post:
  • MelisaH
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
The following 2 users Like Jeff's Jessie's post:
  • MelisaH, michelle dawn
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
(10-10-2014, 12:46 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.

I would be deeply disappointed to discover you're not..... [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]
2nd-gen homeschooler learning alongside her children: GradY10, Y6, Y5, Y3
Moderator in Links and Downloads, Audiobooks/Ereaders/Ebooks, Form II/Years 4-6, and Literature.
The following 2 users Like Lizzie Smith's post:
  • Dawn Duran, JoyH
(10-10-2014, 12:46 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.

Don't tell me you're not! [Oh, my!]
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
The following 2 users Like Jeanne Webb's post:
  • MelisaH, NorthLaurel

Haha! We sucked you in!
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 1 user Likes MaryFrances's post:
  • Lizzie Smith
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
It's changed! Yay Thank you, Phyllis!

With Blessings, Sarah
Sarah in SD

Loving and learning with: Scout (8) Y2, Sunshine (6) Y1, Darling (4), Y0, Jubilee (1), and new baby expected in August! Wife to my love, Josh. Daughter of The King [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes MamaShepperd's post:
  • NorthLaurel
(10-10-2014, 01:15 PM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: Don't tell me you're not! [Oh, my!]

You would never guess if you met me during the day. But, if you hung around until late at night and I got tired (heaven forbid) and I was 12 years younger, than yes. Giddy & goofy. However, maybe it's appropriate because I am praying and asking God to help me be more joyful and "fun" and enthusiastic than I typically come across now - as long as it is genuine and not false enthusiasm. Also, joy is different from happiness, I know and I am trying to explore that more. What does God's word really show joy looking like? I guess that's a new thread, though. And I think praying for joy is sort of like how people joke about not praying for patience, because you'll encounter uncomfortable circumstances that will grow patience. I'm guessing that perhaps, praying for joy will possibly bring some challenging circumstances to practice joy in.
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
The following 3 users Like Jeff's Jessie's post:
  • Jeanne Webb, MamaShepperd, Primeperiwinkle
Sarah, no worries. We'll get used to the new you. [cheesy grin]
Misty married to one not-so-average Joe.

especially blessed w/ 5 boys and 2 girls. b 5/07, b 2/12, b 2/15, b 2/15, Princess 5/09, and Little LaLa 4/18, and my Minnow b 3/21
The following 1 user Likes Peacefully Buzzing's post:
  • MamaShepperd
I recently changed my user name, or rather had it changed (thank you Phyllis).

My Y6 just walked in and saw a thread I was reading. He caught site of my picture and then my new user name.

"Seriously, Dawn Girl?" he asked.

"What would you have called me?" I responded.

There was a pause as he thought.

"Mom," he replied and walked out of the room.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Can I change my user name without starting a new account?
Lol!!

With Blessings, Sarah
Sarah in SD

Loving and learning with: Scout (8) Y2, Sunshine (6) Y1, Darling (4), Y0, Jubilee (1), and new baby expected in August! Wife to my love, Josh. Daughter of The King [cheesy grin]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change profile name RachC 6 6,173 12-02-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Possible Link Change in Y8? COMama 2 4,303 08-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How do you change the title under your name? Brookeflow 4 6,056 06-04-2022, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Brookeflow
  Username change? Linz{at}home 26 32,856 02-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Jellybean
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,162 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer
  How do I change my time zone? Corrie10 1 2,708 06-10-2020, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Corrie10
  how do I change the time to EST? Iskra 2 4,102 04-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Iskra
  Change Avatar SimmerMom 7 8,804 03-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: SimmerMom
  Change password Garimbnegev 3 4,838 12-15-2016, 05:48 AM