Nevermind: Technical Forum Changes: Nothing Has Changed
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Nevermind: Technical Forum Changes: Nothing Has Changed
Oh no! I have just noticed that everyone can tell when you go back and edit a post. There really is no where to hide around here, is there?
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 2 users Like Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • MelisaH, Subversive Gardener
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Nevermind: Technical Forum Changes: Nothing Has Changed
(11-22-2014, 02:23 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: Oh no! I have just noticed that everyone can tell when you go back and edit a post. There really is no where to hide around here, is there?

LOL! You are too funny! Thank you again for helping me behind the scenes! And yes, everyone knows when we have had to go in and fix our typos and such...[I want to hide my head under a bag!]
What does it look like if you go back and edit a post? Does it look the same to the user but everyone else can see a difference?

ETA: I never notice anybody's edits unless they put ETA.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
So here is my post. I will come back and edit it.

ETA: Here is my edit. Do you see the change in the time/date bar?
You edited that post. Look at the top, in the light blue section, "Today...." It will show in parenthesis when you last edited it ("This post was last modified..."). If you have never edited it, nothing will be there.

ETA: Melisa and I answered at the same time, so I didn't see her post when I answered. Therefore, if I could, I would delete this whole post. But I won't, because I can't.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
(11-22-2014, 04:47 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: What does it look like if you go back and edit a post? Does it look the same to the user but everyone else can see a difference?

ETA: I never notice anybody's edits unless they put ETA.

It just occurred to me - are you reading posts on the site or via Tapatalk/ForumRunner?
Ohhhhh! I've noticed that before. Okay. Thanks! I think it's quite humorous that we're spending time typing to one another over this. :) it's 2am where I am.

ETA : the site, I'm frightened of weird apps that I have to download. Lol.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
(11-22-2014, 04:57 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Ohhhhh! I've noticed that before. Okay. Thanks! I think it's quite humorous that we're spending time typing to one another over this. :) it's 2am where I am.

ETA : the site, I'm frightened of weird apps that I have to download. Lol.

I got brave and put Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire a few months ago. I love it for reading through posts quickly (I don't have to wait for pages to load). I think Tapatalk is mostly how my older 2 children function on the forum (mom was slow to try it out - ha!). However, I hate typing on my K-Fire, so unless it is important or a short answer, most of my replies come from my computer (looking at the site).
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Nevermind: Technical Forum Changes: Nothing Has Changed
I would never ever remember which posts to reply to, nor be able to easily find them, if I didn't reply with my finger via Tapatalk. How do you manage that, Melisa?
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(11-22-2014, 11:17 PM)laurke Wrote: I would never ever remember which posts to reply to, nor be able to easily find them, if I didn't reply with my finger via Tapatalk. How do you manage that, Melisa?

Sprint to the computer.... [I'm a little Angel smilie] seriously.... Okay, I do post short answers from it, but the ones requiring more lengthy answers, they do come from the computer. But, you notice just how many long responses I don't post...or how many threads I actually comment on in the first place, lol!
The following 1 user Likes MelisaH's post:
  • laurke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,170 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 15,578 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,745 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,519 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,348 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,580 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 5,166 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,541 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,458 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 51,591 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM