Really STUPID and POINTLESS question...
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Really STUPID and POINTLESS question...
... but when it says that there have been "4564 views", is that counting separate people? Or does it count me each time I look at that thread?

This really doesn't matter. At all. I'm just curious. It's things like this that keep me up at night...
Catie in WI, mom to 4, wife to 1. ;o)

If you can't laugh at yourself, call me--I'll laugh at you!

Instagram
The following 2 users Like redhed's post:
  • michelle dawn, Queen of Carrots
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Really STUPID and POINTLESS question...
No clue.I had not really thought to look into how those are counted.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Really STUPID and POINTLESS question...
Views=every time the thread was opened, so each of your multiple visits are counted if you read a thread several times (as is natural as a discussion progresses). It is not a count of unique visitors to a thread.
 Karen Glass, mom of four with only one daughter left at home.
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
The following 2 users Like KarenG's post:
  • DaughterofEve, MelisaH
Thanks, Karen! I seriously spent too much time wondering about that. Now I can sleep! Ha!

It always seemed strange to me that there would be 1000 visitors to a thread but only 20 responses :)
Catie in WI, mom to 4, wife to 1. ;o)

If you can't laugh at yourself, call me--I'll laugh at you!

Instagram
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Really STUPID and POINTLESS question...
Lots of lurkers around here, too. Which is okay, if they are getting what they need.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 3 users Like laurke's post:
  • COMama, MelisaH, redhed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 29,090 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question taratf 6 7,996 07-15-2017, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Forum typing question CrazyMama 6 8,429 04-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: hadmason
  Stupid Pinterest Peacefully Buzzing 4 5,789 10-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Question on Y1 and Y3 bookmarks Learning with my little ones! 7 9,000 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Learning with my little ones!
  Exam question and mistake Kristin 9 11,776 09-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Last Post: lklivingston