Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
For those of you who are having trouble with the green arrow, is the problem intermittent, or every time?

Apparently if haven't viewed a thread for 7 days, then the green arrow is only going to take you to the first post.

Susan, are you talking about this little button? [Image: jump.gif]
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
The green arrow almost always takes me to the first unread post, but occasionally it takes me to the last post on the thread. I use Firefox.
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
Susan, are you talking about this little button?
[/quote]

Hi Phyllis, No the straight green arrow isn't what I was meaning. That arrow only seems to come up when someone has replied to a post with a 'quote' as I am doing now to you. It takes you back to the original post.
The arrow I was talking about is the one at the top of the page next to 'New Reply.'
The plot thickens!
Regards
Susan
:)
(08-30-2012, 09:41 AM)kiwimumnz Wrote: Hi Phyllis, No the straight green arrow isn't what I was meaning. That arrow only seems to come up when someone has replied to a post with a 'quote' as I am doing now to you. It takes you back to the original post.
The arrow I was talking about is the one at the top of the page next to 'New Reply.'
The plot thickens!

It doesn't show up inside the thread. When you are looking at all the thread topics within a subforum, you should see the little green arrows next to each title. The fact that it doesn't show up once you open up a thread is what threw me off.
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
(08-30-2012, 08:06 AM)MaryEllen Wrote: The green arrow almost always takes me to the first unread post, but occasionally it takes me to the last post on the thread. I use Firefox.

Same here, but I'm primarily using Safari on my iPad.
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
I am only using safari on my iPad and I have had no problems with the 'little green arrow'. It works brilliantly every time! What a huge time saver.
~Leah~ Loving life [cheesy grin] ! Thankful for my DH of 12 yrs and my three kids.
Mommy to JJ (DS7, YR2), MJ (DD3), CJ (DD1)...
(08-30-2012, 11:35 AM)TKDmom Wrote: It doesn't show up inside the thread. When you are looking at all the thread topics within a subforum, you should see the little green arrows next to each title. The fact that it doesn't show up once you open up a thread is what threw me off.

Hi Bonnie, Thanks, I see it now!
Regards
Susan
:)
(08-30-2012, 08:06 AM)MaryEllen Wrote: The green arrow almost always takes me to the first unread post, but occasionally it takes me to the last post on the thread. I use Firefox.

Could it be that it is not working for you after seven days? That's what I read. If that's what it is, it's not a glitch. That's just the way it's set.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
I hadn't noticed. Next time it happens I'll try to remember to check....that would explain it.
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
Please any time this happens, let me know details (which browser, what thread, how long since you viewed that thread if you remember...). I'm watching to see if I need to do anything about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,549 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,791 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 5,301 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 14,658 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 12,516 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,284 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 30,509 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,847 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 22,870 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,347 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer