Weird Pinterest link in my posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Weird Pinterest link in my posts
I'm not sure why, but quite often when I'm posting now, there is a link to pinterest that just shows up without me adding it - I have not idea what it's for or why it shows up.

How do I keep this from happening or do I just need to edit the post to delete it if I notice it showing up?
Lisa V in BC, Mom to 5, yrs 4, 6, 7, 10/11 & 12
I'd love to connect!
https://www.facebook.com/lisa.vanderveen.58 https://www.facebook.com/lisavinbc/
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Weird Pinterest link in my posts
Just edit to delete for now, but help us figure out why this is happening. What browser are you using when it happens?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The best I can figure out is if you have the Pin It Button and/or the Pinterest plugin for your browser one of them is not playing nice with the upgrade. The developers at MyBB have been told about it, but they insist that it is not them - it must be the plugin. I have told them that since the two are not playing nicely together and so many people have the Pin It button on their browser, it should be looked into (not that that will necessarily go very far, but one never knows). I had both going on my FF browser, so I don't know which one was the problem. I am also planning to contact Pinterest so that they know that there is an issue as well - they won't want a whole bunch of people removing that button, I suspect.
The following 3 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • DaughterofEve, Lisa-v, lklivingston
(01-09-2015, 10:21 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Just edit to delete for now, but help us figure out why this is happening.  What browser are you using when it happens?

I use Firefox and as you can see it doesn't happen every time - the last time it happened was when I edited a post.

MelisaH

The best I can figure out is if you have the Pin It Button and/or the Pinterest plugin for your browser one of them is not playing nice with the upgrade. The developers at MyBB have been told about it, but they insist that it is not them - it must be the plugin. I have told them that since the two are not playing nicely together and so many people have the Pin It button on their browser, it should be looked into (not that that will necessarily go very far, but one never knows). I had both going on my FF browser, so I don't know which one was the problem. I am also planning to contact Pinterest so that they know that there is an issue as well - they won't want a whole bunch of people removing that button, I suspect.

I do have the Pin-it button (not sure about the add-on, but very possible) so that could very well be the problem.

Thanks for looking into it - I'll just edit to delete for now :)
I'd love to connect!
I think it happens when your button or add-on is logged in to Pinterest. But that's just a theory.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(01-10-2015, 12:47 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I think it happens when your button or add-on is logged in to Pinterest. But that's just a theory.

And the reason we even have a theory is because this isn't the first we've heard about this happening.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Lisa-v, lklivingston
I've noticed it happening pretty much every time I post now - how would I log out of Pinterest? I haven't changed anything to do with Pinterest lately...

ETA: And yet, it hasn't happened in this thread... lol!
I'd love to connect!
I had to uninstall the Pin It button (you do that from your bookmarks, I believe) and I also had to go to my add-ons and disable the Pinterest addon. I do not know for sure which one was the cause.
Yup, I just installed the Pin It button and straight away got this problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 5 book purchase link needs update Mscott07 2 1,541 03-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ghutzley
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 3,984 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  Wondering about a link to Amazon.ca? Laura in Ontario 2 4,460 08-09-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Laura in Ontario
  Possible Link Change in Y8? COMama 2 4,170 08-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,944 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,802 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 24,281 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
  Broken link concerning TCOO jwillis4mo 2 4,091 03-15-2022, 12:51 PM
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,303 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,286 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O