Editing registration settings
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Editing registration settings
I got to be the one with "invincible powers" this time. [cheesy grin]
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(07-23-2012, 10:56 PM)Phyllis Wrote: I got to be the one with "invincible powers" this time. [cheesy grin]
Thank you Phyllis! I am SO glad I have powerful allies. (Did I spell that right?)
[cheesy grin][cheesy grin][cheesy grin][cheesy grin]
Moderator of Form IV, V & VI, CM Vol I, and History & Geography

(07-23-2012, 11:03 PM)Joy Shannon Wrote: I am SO glad I have powerful allies. (Did I spell that right?)

The Other Oh So Invincible One says "yes." [cheesy grin]
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Oh ladies, you crack me up! You had me laughing out loud, Oh So Invincible Ones! [cheesy grin]
Kelly in Canada :) <><
Happily homeschooling with Ambleside Online since 2002
AO Auxiliary & Co-Moderator: AO International--Canada, History and Geography, Parents with Health Challenges
Video  Video  Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Editing registration settings
Perhaps we can change "CP" to either the full name or something else. I fount it really confusing trying to find where to edit my account info. Yes, granted I did not read the intro letter properly and just skimmed ([Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]) it should be obvious where the "my account" button is. I do not personally mind playing around on a site to figure out how the site works. To me that is fun to do! However I think it should be very obvious were to find my account information.

Thanks! Just my two cents. :-)

Rebecca
Rebecca from Dallas
Mother to 4 DS's - 14 (yr9), 13 (yr 6), 11 (yr6) and 6 (yr1)
and Wife to Jim [Heart <3]
Rebecca, thanks for the suggestion :) I agree, it is pretty inconspicuous. Some of the things are customizable, others aren't and I think that's one of the ones that can't be changed. I'm glad you found it after all :)
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

Leslie, I am regretting my name as well. Could I bother you to change mine to "Brandi Webster" please? Or does the sign in user name have to be the name we go by within the forums? I guess that should be my first question.
Brandi
Married to my best friend Michael and homeschooling mom of four.
DS-17 UNT Sr '17, DD-16 HEO 11 Sr '14, DS-11 & DD-10 AO 4
Lone Star Latte-n-Libre
(08-01-2012, 11:50 AM)LoneStarAcademy Wrote: Leslie, I am regretting my name as well. Could I bother you to change mine to "Brandi Webster" please? Or does the sign in user name have to be the name we go by within the forums? I guess that should be my first question.

Yes, your sign in name has to be your forum name as well. That's why I kept mine as it is and just put my name in my signature.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(08-01-2012, 12:24 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Yes, your sign in name has to be your forum name as well. That's why I kept mine as it is and just put my name in my signature.

Thank you for that clarification. Based on that info I will keep things just as they are :)
Brandi
Married to my best friend Michael and homeschooling mom of four.
DS-17 UNT Sr '17, DD-16 HEO 11 Sr '14, DS-11 & DD-10 AO 4
Lone Star Latte-n-Libre
(08-01-2012, 08:37 AM)hudabecca Wrote: Perhaps we can change "CP" to either the full name or something else.

I could probably customize it. I'd rather not, because that's the way the User Control Panel is referred to throughout all the MyBB help documentation and anything else that would mention it. Sorry. It should be more obvious; you're right.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trouble editing ODT schedule charts CottageSchool 2 4,078 07-14-2020, 04:01 AM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  How do I change settings of thread subscriptions? JoyH 2 3,520 06-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Editing features when replying to a post KayPelham 2 3,965 03-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Last Post: KayPelham
  confused about thread settings DeniseIL 1 2,775 08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Cathleen