2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(04-19-2016, 11:40 PM)dthomasof3 Wrote: I'm 3 hrs from the confrence. How much is it to come to listen to certain parts? Maybe stay in a hotel overnight if there's more on another day. I didn't have the money to be able to come the whole time:-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi- did you know about the scholarships? I am not sure if the time has passed for those. I will look for the thread.
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(04-20-2016, 12:00 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: Hi- did you know about the scholarships? I am not sure if the time has passed for those. I will look for the thread.

the deadline is technically up, but we didn't quite use all of the scholarships we had.  So if 100 dollars would help, please email us at amblesideonline@gmail.com

Email addy was wrong, because I was in a hurry- sorry! fixed now.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
From the other thread- Conference scholarships!
Great news! thanks to the generosity of a very special lady, we have some scholarships we can award and we want to share them!

If you could not come to the conference before, but a 100 dollar donation towards your conference fee would make it possible, please email us and include a short note about why you think our conference will help you. You do need to be sure you can come w/that help, because we want to award them quickly!

Unfortunately, the deadline for special meal requests has passed, so you need to be able to eat the regular fare, or bring your own and eat out on the grounds or, I suppose, your hotel rooms, not sure what Lakeview prefers, except they say no outside food in their dining hall.

We have a limited number of these scholarships, so please only email if you are sure you can come with this help.

Email us at amblesideonline@gmail.com to tell us you are coming and want a scholarship. Priority goes to those we hear from in the next 3 days.
https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...#pid347762
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

The following 2 users Like phoebebopeep's post:
  • justNermari, WendiC
Oh- and Lakeview doesn't really give us an option of somebody coming for just part time. So we don't have that option available.
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Oh- and if you applied and haven't heard from us and you are assuming that means you didn't get the scholarship- do not assume that. If you applied, you should be hearing from us later today and I suggest you pack. [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like WendiC's post:
  • lklivingston, phoebebopeep
I didn't know about the scholarships! Is there a food menu I can look at? I have celiac disease so I might be able to eat some of the stuff...

The following 2 users Like dthomasof3's post:
  • Joy, phoebebopeep
I emailed for the scholarship:) thanks for telling me about it!

The following 1 user Likes dthomasof3's post:
  • phoebebopeep
(04-20-2016, 12:07 AM)dthomasof3 Wrote: I didn't know about the scholarships! Is there a food menu I can look at? I have celiac disease so I might be able to eat some of the stuff...

We don't know anything about the menu, so I'd plan to bring food if I were in your shoes.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • WendiC
Is there any chance a gluten free mama doesn't have a roommate? I don't want to bring my own food and eat alone:-(

The following 1 user Likes dthomasof3's post:
  • Alicia Cichon
Speaking of bringing my own food- does anyone know if there's a microwave,etc in the rooms? I don't know what to bring without knowing.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 535,212 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 107,832 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,232 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,179 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,396 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 356,364 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,091 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,188 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 152,789 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,333 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep