2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(02-24-2016, 03:36 PM)Mary Louise Wrote: Will be registering this week! Very excited to attend! We aren't even in the 'school' years yet, but CM and AO have so much depth in philisophy, habit, and preparation, can't wait to broaden my understanding even further! Mother to Adelaine (3.5 year old) and Everly (7 mo old). Any other Austin area mothers going?

Mary, I live in Georgetown TX and am seriously considering going. I haven't seen a clear answer what they say about families attending or if husbands and kids can stay on the camp grounds and so other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Melissa
Central TX ~ Homeschooling my two boys ~ AO Yr 9 and Yr 5
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Campground is definite yes for husbands and kids. Working on an answer for the rooms regarding other family members.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I be there. :) I need another coffee cup.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
YES on family members- PROVIDING an adult can watch children at all times. At this time, the simplest way we have to work this out is for you to email us at AmblesideOnline@gmail.com with a complete list of everybody you will have in your family w/you- you, husband, children, and ages. We must have ages for each child. We'll email you back w/cost, and you can paypal or send a check.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 2 users Like WendiC's post:
  • lklivingston, phoebebopeep
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(03-13-2016, 08:24 AM)WendiC Wrote: YES on family members- PROVIDING an adult can watch children at all times. At this time, the simplest way we have to work this out is for you to email us at AmblesideOnline@gmail.com with a complete list of everybody you will have in your family w/you- you, husband, children, and ages. We must have ages for each child. We'll email you back w/cost, and you can paypal or send a check.

That is great news. Will they have access to all activities/facility while we are in conference?

Melissa
Central TX ~ Homeschooling my two boys ~ AO Yr 9 and Yr 5
(03-13-2016, 02:41 PM)Mscott07 Wrote: That is great news. Will they have access to all activities/facility while we are in conference?

some require advance notice and some charge extra, so no, not all of the stuff at Lakeview will be available. We are unable to plan for family activities ourselves because we are swamped with planning the conference (and writing out our own talks). So husbands and kids will have to figure that stuff out on their own. I don't even know all the stuff there is to do, and I've never been there.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
Scarborough Faire may be going on in Waxahachie at that time. It costs money, but it's fun and educational!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • WendiC
Thank you so much Advisory & Auxilary for putting this together! I'm sure it is taking a tremendous amount of your time and I just wanted to say how appreciative I am!! I'm so looking forward to coming and learning and meeting!
THANK YOU!!
Journeying through AO with DD (Y3-age 9) and DS (Y2-age 8)
~ Heidi in CT ~
The following 4 users Like hadmason's post:
  • Dawn Duran, MichelleChoe, Purposeful Abnegation, WendiC
Can't wait to meet everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
The following 3 users Like Gauchonboys's post:
  • MichelleChoe, phoebebopeep, Purposeful Abnegation
Hi everyone,

I just signed up for the conference too!  Yay!  I am coming alone (leaving hubby and kids at home in Chicago) and will be flying to DFW arriving around 11:30 on Thursday. Does anyone want to coordinate transportation from the airport to the retreat center?  

Thanks!

Kate
The following 3 users Like kater072401's post:
  • MichelleChoe, Mrs.Honey, WendiC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 536,951 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,048 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,485 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,901 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,566 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,023 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,576 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,312 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,036 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,548 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep