2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
We are not able to offer a discounted price for a shorter stay, alas. You'd still need to pay the full $375. But you are welcome!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
So if we came and brought family and I am the only one attending the conference, can we pay for extra beds? I think we can make a fun family trip out of this, but can't afford the conference fee for 5.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
(03-17-2016, 05:45 AM)Mrsjones1118 Wrote: So if we came and brought family and  I am the only one attending the conference, can we pay for extra beds?   I think we can make a fun family trip out of this, but can't afford the conference fee for 5.  

You can, although a hefty part of the cost of using this venue is the beds, so it won't be as much of a savings as one might expect.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(03-15-2016, 11:19 PM)hadmason Wrote: I just booked a ticket from Connecticut going through Baltimore and landing at  Love Field on Thursday at 11:25.  My return flight leaves Saturday from Love Field at 5:05.
I haven't booked a car and was thinking I'd love to share that with someone.
And now that I'm typing this, I wonder if we (I) should start a new thread on conference travel arrangements so that we could all help each other out by coordinating rides/car sharing?
Just not sure where to put that thread so conference attendees would see......(I'm definitely newer to posting in forum). Perhaps this post can be moved and we can start that thread??

I'm not sure how to start a new thread but that seems like a good idea.  I will be flying into DFW, not love field otherwise I would share a car with you.
Let's put a "conference travel arrangements" thread in Chit-Chat. I will start one now! Come and find it.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 6 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, hadmason, Janice, jtaranas, Primeperiwinkle, Purposeful Abnegation
Great news! The deadline to register and make your final payment for the conference has been extended to April 24th! Special dietary requests do still need to be submitted to us by April 10th so if you know you are registering, please make sure you supply us with that information no later than April 10th. We will not be able to accommodate any special dietary requests after April. 10. 

http://www.amblesideonline.org/2016Confe...e2016.html
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

The following 7 users Like NaomiG's post:
  • Donna-Jean, Janice, jtaranas, justNermari, lklivingston, phoebebopeep, WendiC
I am flying in to DFW at noon on Thurs and leaving at 6pm on Sat. Would love to get a ride and share the cost of the car if there's room.
Scratch that. I'm flying into Love. :)

(03-15-2016, 08:26 PM)kater072401 Wrote: Yes!  Flying out of ohare at 9:15 Thursday morning and returning Saturday leaving DFW at 4:30.
Hotwire has rental cars for about $70. So glad to know another chicago lander who's coming!

My kids are similar ages to yours as well.  DD 9, DS 7, DD 5, DS 3.  We are doing year 1 together while finishing up our year with classical conversations then next year we will just do AO.
~Kimberly Rotter~
Homeschooling one daughter, Year 5 in 2020-2021
http://AnArmyOfWriters.com
Spiritual but secular Charlotte Mason in San Diego, CA.
(03-15-2016, 11:19 PM)hadmason Wrote: I just booked a ticket from Connecticut going through Baltimore and landing at  Love Field on Thursday at 11:25.  My return flight leaves Saturday from Love Field at 5:05.
I haven't booked a car and was thinking I'd love to share that with someone.
And now that I'm typing this, I wonder if we (I) should start a new thread on conference travel arrangements so that we could all help each other out by coordinating rides/car sharing?
Just not sure where to put that thread so conference attendees would see......(I'm definitely newer to posting in forum). Perhaps this post can be moved and we can start that thread??

I am flying into Love at noon Thurs, flying out at 6 on Saturday.
Would love to share a rental car or Uber.
My email is kimberly.rotter@gmail.com if you want to talk more.
~Kimberly Rotter~
Homeschooling one daughter, Year 5 in 2020-2021
http://AnArmyOfWriters.com
Spiritual but secular Charlotte Mason in San Diego, CA.
Aw man. You are all making me so jealous. I will have a *brand new* baby and will probably be too weak to travel after so many months of bedrest, nausea and inadequate nutrition! I'm so sad I'll have to wait so many years for another chance to go to an AO conference. I love you all so much.
mama to Amelia (Y4, 9yo), David (Y2, 7yo) and Samuel (Y1, 6yo)
The following 2 users Like Jenna Dilts's post:
  • MichelleChoe, NaomiG
Hi ladies,

I was able to get a ride from a friend who lives in Dallas so I won't be in the mix for ride/rental car sharing. Prayers that everyone finds a good way to get to the conference and look forward to meeting you all!

Jenna prayers that all goes well with your baby's birth and for strength and energy and a quick recovery for you.

Kate
The following 2 users Like kater072401's post:
  • Jenna Dilts, phoebebopeep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 537,219 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,081 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,532 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 367,040 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,625 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,168 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,741 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,336 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,080 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,598 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep