2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-05-2016, 07:54 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: Thanks. I sent you a PM.

Not seeing it.

People may wish to make private arrangements for book swapping as well, and of course, we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged books (or anything else).
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
I was wondering if I could make a separate post (or not) to invite conference attendees to bring their extra AO books they want to give away.
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

Ack!  I was praying what to do and just found registration closed.  [Uh, wut?]  I would have to bring my almost 9 year old.  Any chance of anyone else having space to sell me???  Thanks!  
Debbie in KS
Ya'll wanna hear the most blonde moment of my year? Okay so the title of this thread is key. I'm talking to Dawn on email the other day and she says something to the effect of "fourteen more days to go!" and I'm all, "Yay!!!!". (You know me.) Then today I'm looking at the email and I realize that it CANT be fourteen days because the conference is at the end of the month. I *know* this because.... Wait a sec.. (At that point I actually looked it up.)

Yup. My name is Katie and I "Saved the Date" so long ago I forgot it and then muddled it and then remembered it all wrong. Whew! Good thing I'm practicing my narrations! And Thank God for Dawn Duran!! (I asked for the dates off two months ago but you know I would have shown up at work on that Thursday thinking the conference was the NEXT week.. Oy vey!)

Anyhoo ... Long story not so short.. I'm getting excited about the conference on MAY NINETEENTH!!
[cheesy grin]
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 5 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Dawn Duran, Friederike, lklivingston, phoebebopeep, SowingLittleSeeds
(05-05-2016, 09:06 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: I was wondering if I could make a separate post (or not) to invite conference attendees  to bring their extra AO books they want to give away.

Sure- giveaway. people who are flying in may not have much room, but I am sure some may be interested in a swap.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 2 users Like WendiC's post:
  • phoebebopeep, Primeperiwinkle
LOL Katie. I had firmly in my mind that the conference was a week earlier than it is. I had to look it up when I set up my bullet journal for May/June (thankfully!).

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 2 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • phoebebopeep, Primeperiwinkle
Thankfully the Conference is NOT a week earlier than it is, because next week is the busiest week of the year for us! The Conference...and counting the days down to it...is the light at the end of my tunnel right now. [:P cheesy, cheesy!]
Jen in North Carolina - Mama (Seminary Student) to dd18(!) (Dual Enrollment), ds15 (Y9), dd 13 (Y7)
Moderating in Language Arts/Narration
Here is the schedule for each day:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/2016Confe...l#schedule

The Deep in the Heart of AO conference is almost here!  Time to start thinking about what to pack.
If you are staying onsite, Lakeview says bring your own:
shampoo
conditioner
body wash
soap
hair dryer

NOTE: Irons and Ironing boards are provided in each lodge in the closets in the downstairs hallways. Ice machines are located in the breezeways of each lodge.

Lakeview has no washing machines for our use.

For everyone, we suggest:
snacks which will not melt in the Texas heat, possibly bottled water or other drinks (nonalcoholic)
smiling faces
sample notebooks, schedules, drawings, or other items you would like to display at our 'faire' (we cannot be responsible for lost items)
cash for books (we'll only have a few for sale)
notebook for taking notes or sketching
comfortable clothes
handkerchiefs or tissues, because there will be tears
comfortable shoes
sunscreen
sunhat
insect repellent
umbrella (depending on the forecast; there will be walking outside from building to building)
light wrap/sweater:  there will be air conditioning, & we can't control the thermostat

The current forecast shows high temperatures in the mid-80’s, lows in the 60’s, and the possibility of rain.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(04-29-2016, 03:18 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Survey is sent! Please respond only once. ;-)

Just catching up on the forum after a week of sickness and cannot find the survey anywhere....searched my email around the same date you posted here, but still nothing. Hoping to not have missed any other emails about the conference since its next week. Is there anyone I should contact specifically?
Journeying through AO with DD (Y3-age 9) and DS (Y2-age 8)
~ Heidi in CT ~
Pm me with your email address.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 537,044 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,064 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,508 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,952 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,580 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,068 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,613 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,321 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,058 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,568 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep