It's time to change my name
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: It's time to change my name
(11-15-2015, 10:47 AM)VioletPersuasion Wrote: I wondered who you were referring to as Katydid in the Ivanhoe thread (I assume Katie)... now I will wonder why! :)
No burning reason, VP. It's just a term of endearment that flowed from my brain and stuck.  And, like Laura said, it's cute. Like Katie.  ;)

(11-15-2015, 11:44 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: ha. Ha. Oh my...

I can't believe Dawn actually got more than just her to type that out. Ya'll...

Wrong. *snicker* Dang it! Now I'm laughing too! ;)

Who's laughing now? Bwahahahahaha!!!!!  [:P cheesy, cheesy!]

It FLOWs, Katie. Just like Katydid. Don't resist it! We love you!
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 3 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • laurke, Primeperiwinkle, RiverBaggins
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/It's time to change my name
I personally love Primeperiwinkle. And I connect it automatically with you, Katie, especially after meeting you at the AO retreat.

That being said, if you feel like it is best for you to make a change, then know we will support you in whatever you decide to do. Either way we love having you around!
Moderator of Form IV, V & VI, CM Vol I, and History & Geography

You don't have to resize the picture, you can crop it more square, (I guess that automatically makes it smaller), or download your FB profile picture and choose that one for the forum.
You could change to Primeperiwinkle Katie, or add Katie in your signature (you may already have done that, -I don't see signatures on the phone app).
Old School Blogger at Silvia Cachia
Mom to the girlies, Blue Heart, 2004, AOy5, and Little Bean, 2006, AOy3.

The following 1 user Likes Silvia's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
(11-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: Do this gradually.

Keep your picture and change your name.  Give us a few weeks (or longer) to get used to that and then change your picture.

Of course, this could just be my old brain.

(11-15-2015, 06:20 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Yes, I can do it, but are you sure? I think this change would confuse me!

(11-15-2015, 10:48 PM)Joy Wrote: I personally love Primeperiwinkle.   And I connect it automatically with you, Katie, especially after meeting you at the AO retreat.  

Ah-ha! It is not just my old brain. Katie, I think the change would be lovely. But I'm still a fan of gradually as we slowly make the new connections.

Don't hang onto something just because it will make me have to think a little.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
(11-15-2015, 12:56 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Actually. I would love to put a pic on here that matches my fb but I can't resize photos from my device and so they all go sideways. Meh.

I could download your FB picture, re-size it and straighten it, and get it back to you...
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Silvia
Yes!!!! Maybe that will work!!!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Silvia
It worked Leslie!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! Yayayayataystststayay!

Thank you'
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys, (Y8 and Y5) all of whom are more precious than gold.
The following 7 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Dawn Duran, laurke, LeslieNoelani, MelisaH, NorthLaurel, RiverBaggins, Silvia
(11-16-2015, 07:03 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: It worked Leslie!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! Yayayayataystststayay!

Thank you'
I'm glad. I never thought about doing it for you. Sorry. I'm glad Leslie helped you out with this.
Old School Blogger at Silvia Cachia
Mom to the girlies, Blue Heart, 2004, AOy5, and Little Bean, 2006, AOy3.

I'm glad she did too Silvia. Sometimes not having a real puter limits me in the stupidest ways.. Lol.
Katie
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Silvia
(11-16-2015, 08:34 AM)Silvia Wrote: I never thought about doing it for you. Sorry. I'm glad Leslie helped you out with this.

I think it took me almost a whole minute to download the photo, open GIMP, re-size, and send it back. [Ha ha ha ha!]

(In other words, if anyone else ever needs this kind of help, don't hesitate to ask. It's really no trouble at all.)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • COMama, Primeperiwinkle, Silvia

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change profile name RachC 6 6,125 12-02-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Possible Link Change in Y8? COMama 2 4,278 08-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How do you change the title under your name? Brookeflow 4 6,019 06-04-2022, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Brookeflow
  Username change? Linz{at}home 26 32,656 02-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Jellybean
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,419 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
Wink Time to say goodbye to the Christmas banner? LucyBeeH 25 31,468 04-22-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: lilymay
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,130 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer
  How do I change my time zone? Corrie10 1 2,699 06-10-2020, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Corrie10
  how do I change the time to EST? Iskra 2 4,080 04-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Iskra
  Change Avatar SimmerMom 7 8,766 03-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: SimmerMom