Unable to use Bold and Italic Features on the Forum
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Unable to use Bold and Italic Features on the Forum
I just posted some discussion threads and was unable to use the bold and italic fonts within the post as I have previously done. [undefined] appeared at the start and end of the intended section rather than the usual [b] [i].
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Unable to use Bold and Italic Features on the Forum
Where were you? In the quick reply box? Or on the separate reply page? I just tried it, and it worked fine for me.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Unable to use Bold and Italic Features on the Forum
Oh, and try again now. I fixed a few files yesterday....
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Oh, it looks like it's a known issue with the newest version of Firefox. There's already a fix out. I'll take care of it tomorrow morning, if I can get up before my early birds. :)

(And I'm crossposting this to both threads. Sorry about that.)
(10-15-2012, 11:46 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Oh, it looks like it's a known issue with the newest version of Firefox. There's already a fix out. I'll take care of it tomorrow morning, if I can get up before my early birds. :)

Thank you Phyllis! I am having the same problem.

Of course, I was also having it yesterday, but my mind was a bit foggy (I was sick and was a bit dizzy) so I assumed it was "me".
[:P cheesy, cheesy!]
~~ Annie ~~
"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies;
and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees....let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for."
(10-15-2012, 11:14 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Where were you? In the quick reply box? Or on the separate reply page? I just tried it, and it worked fine for me.
I was on the separate reply page.

(10-15-2012, 11:19 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Oh, and try again now. I fixed a few files yesterday....
I did try again earlier this am but was still having the issue.

(10-15-2012, 11:46 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Oh, it looks like it's a known issue with the newest version of Firefox. There's already a fix out. I'll take care of it tomorrow morning, if I can get up before my early birds. :)

Thank God for you, Phyllis. Honestly, I have no clue how to do most things that others see as easy fixes. I so appreciate your insight and all your hard work!!
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 1 user Likes Dawn Duran's post:
  • Annie HL
I'm still having this issue (on Firefox), and I also can't include photos or hyperlink. If Firefox has a fix for it, can you help me figure out how to update mine? Thanks!
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Well, at least I know it is not just me. The quote button was not working either. I was able to get italics to work using HTML code, but not with the button. And I am using the brand new updated version of FF.

Phyllis is in a *slightly* different time zone that we in the USA are. I suspect she will be up soon & be able to work on it while we are sleeping.

Thanks Phyllis!
I think it's fixed. Please let me know if you're still having problems.

Sarah, it wasn't something you could do in Firefox. I had to change some files here at the board because of the recent Firefox update. I wasn't very clear about that before.
(10-16-2012, 03:02 PM)Phyllis Wrote: I think it's fixed. Please let me know if you're still having problems.

Sarah, it wasn't something you could do in Firefox. I had to change some files here at the board because of the recent Firefox update. I wasn't very clear about that before.

I knew what you meant. :) I will do a check.

Quote:Yes, it is working!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,129 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 15,284 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,541 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,552 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,460 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,249 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,379 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 5,081 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,427 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,343 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec