New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Announcements/New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Having new improved Years 7, 8 and 9 Lite schedules means everything needed was available to make some improvements to "Years 7-8-9 in Two Years." [Whoopee! smilie] The three improvements:

Higher priority books from each year were used so the schedules are more solid.

More books were kept in their own timeframe -- spread out within their own historical era, but there's less bleeding over across the schedules.

Access to page counts! These combo schedules are a little more reading than if you took the full three years to do year 7, 8 and 9, but they're still on the light side as compared with what Charlotte Mason's students were doing.

The old schedules are still available for the 2017-2018 year since some are already using them. There's a link at the top of the page of the new schedule -- it will take you to the old schedule, which is linked to the old charts.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Announcements/RE: New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
Are the new schedules on the AO curriculum page? Where do I find the old schedules? Top of what page?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
(07-19-2017, 10:23 AM)cflovinlife Wrote: Where do I find the old schedules? Top of what page?

The old schedule is linked to the top of this page:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/b0708sch.shtml
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • smartchick
It's wonderful the work you continually do to make AO better and better! I'm years away from this, but just seeing the thought and care that has gone into and continues to go into it gives me such confidence to continue with AO for the long haul, and such gratitude to you all.

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Tapatalk
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
This is great. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Homeschooling my 14yo dd.
The following 1 user Likes AngeliqueK's post:
  • Urbanveggie
Whoa, we are just about to start 7/8, so just in time! Thank you!
-Elizabeth

Mom to 14 yo C, 11 yo G and 3 yo J
The following 1 user Likes ElizabethL's post:
  • Urbanveggie
Smile  Smile  Announcements/RE: New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9
This is A GOD SENT. I was already planning something like it, but I wasn't sure if I was leaving out important stuff ...Now I'll know better!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH LESLIE! [cheesy grin]
Marina
Blessed with four little ones (19, 15, 12 & 7yo
The following 3 users Like Educm's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, LeslieNoelani, Urbanveggie
Page 8 of the 36 week schedule for 7/8 has an error. Galileo is listed twice on the astronomers. I'm wondering if it should be Kepler that second time as it is on the original time table.
The following 1 user Likes dvalenzu's post:
  • heatherlgates
(07-22-2017, 03:06 AM)dvalenzu Wrote: Page 8 of the 36 week schedule for 7/8 has an error. Galileo is listed twice on the astronomers. I'm wondering if it should be Kepler that second time as it is on the original time table.

Yes, it's supposed to be Kepler. I'll fix that - thanks for letting me know!
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Urbanveggie
Thank you for this! So grateful to have even more options to choose from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
**Mama to 5 boys, books-and-tea always, typically pining for a nap.**
Using AO Yr 7, Yr 5, Yr 3, modified for Canuckness.
The following 1 user Likes boywrangler's post:
  • Urbanveggie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! Donna-Jean 98 145,869 07-26-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: andrealisabeth
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,399 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 861,689 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 270,524 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  New! and Improved! Year 9 Lite LeslieNoelani 2 41,545 07-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: verkom
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,201 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis