Problems after forum update Sept 2020
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Problems after update
I learned something new: at least in Chrome, if I hold down Shift when I click the Refresh button, then the newest changes show up.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 6 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • BellaGrace, Bethanta, Faithmorrison_14, LeslieNoelani, MiriamN, zozo21
I can do the same!
"I want to watch the universe expand. I want to break it into pieces small enough to understand, and put it all back together again in the quiet of my private collection." -- Sleeping at Last
(09-30-2020, 10:53 PM)lklivingston Wrote: What browser are you using?  On what type of device?  (My text isn't centered at all.  I'm using Firefox on a PC and Brave on an Android phone.)

I'm using Google Chrome on a MacBook. However, I just tried holding shift while refreshing as Phyllis suggested, and it worked! All text is left-aligned again, and the colors are much better! Thank you!
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”  - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Last night everything was looking fine and normal to me. Possibly my phone was using cached data. This morning, some things have moved (but it looks like that's intentional) and the row of links across the very top (AO Home, etc) has vanished.
I'm using chrome on android.
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
The following 2 users Like Subversive Gardener's post:
  • etihwnyrhtak, lklivingston
In Safari on Mac, after holding down shift and refreshing two or three times, I seem to have gotten the colors to go back to normal (I had most text in blue and a large black box at the top with Welcome). Nice to see the sage-green hues again!
Susannah
Mom to 2 girls, 9 and 7
The following 1 user Likes Susannah_E's post:
  • MiriamN
(10-01-2020, 06:24 AM)Subversive Gardener Wrote: Last night everything was looking fine and normal to me. Possibly my phone was using cached data. This morning, some things have moved (but it looks like that's intentional) and the row of links across the very top (AO Home, etc) has vanished.
I'm using chrome on android.

Exact same device/browser/situation for me.
Soooo, I did have the aforementioned success on my desktop, but I am not able to see the normal color scheme on my iPhone Chrome browser. Any ideas how to refresh on a mobile device in order to see the changes?
Susannah
Mom to 2 girls, 9 and 7
Usually in the browser settings there's a way to clear your cache.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(10-01-2020, 10:04 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Usually in the browser settings there's a way to clear your cache.

Brilliant! That did it. Thanks!!
Susannah
Mom to 2 girls, 9 and 7
I know you were still working on colors, so maybe this will resolve itself. On the bottom of the page where the search/magnifying glass icons are lined up all the way across, the white lettering on light gray band is extremely hard to read. I looked at it several times and didn't realize there was any text. I thought "I wonder why there's a row of magnifying glasses as a border?" Then I clicked on one and saw that it did something, so I picked up my laptop and moved it around until the lighting was such that I could see the text by the icons.

I did "clear cache" in Chrome, so I think everything is showing up as it is intended - at least that fixed my wonky "Member list" button.
"How easy it is to fly on paper wings!"  (Helen Keller)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 5 book purchase link needs update Mscott07 2 1,541 03-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ghutzley
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,075 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,944 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,333 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,394 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,139 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,209 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,975 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,255 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  Problems searching the AO site Barb Gifford 47 56,301 08-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser