Can no longer edit my old posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Can no longer edit my old posts
I know this is supposed to be true but I do sometimes get multiple notifications for the same thread. And others I don’t. Not sure why that is. I just cleared 3 or 4 of the recent “TCK” discussion posts from my inbox. I’m 90% sure I had not looked at the thread in between. 

Ah well. I’ll just keep bumbling along in ignorance and accident. ;) I mostly get where I want to go on the forum (except the Boolean searches… not my friend).
Sandy
Hopeful mama to 3 dd -- 20 (graduate!), 17 (12th gr) & 15 (9th gr) -- currently dipping our toe into full-time classical private school.
Is there a way to either:

- allow editing past one week in the books for sale forum, or
- allow reply maybe by the original poster only so that you could note that books have sold?
(08-21-2021, 03:57 AM)nachokaty Wrote: Is there a way to either:

- allow editing past one week in the books for sale forum, or
- allow reply maybe by the original poster only so that you could note that books have sold?

I can't change it for just one area of the forum, alas.  I will see what I can do about replies.
In the meantime, contact a mod of that area of the forum and ask them to make the edits for you.  Mods still have editing privileges indefinitely.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(08-07-2021, 12:38 PM)Rebecca G Wrote: This really wouldn't work well for the master thread, where I make a "table of contents" for the whole discussion with links to each thread. If I were somebody trying to use the Joan of Arc discussion for pre-reading help and saw this in its current state I would never think to scroll through all the other comments to find the missing links. I'd just assume somebody quit doing the work halfway through.

I also put links at the head of each thread to help with navigating through all the threads in order. This thread should have a third link at the top for navigating forwards in the series. I can't add that link now. The "forwards" links can only be added after the next post has been made, and I'm posting two weeks apart.

When I am backfilling narrations I do it through editing, which I need to do in this post and now can't. That post also needs the link forwards added at the top.

Sandy, what I've been doing is adding a comment reply after all the narrations are filled in an old post to bump it up for visibility.

If you will contact one of the moderators in that area, they will gladly make any edits you require.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I am ready and willing to make necessary edits. Send me a PM.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
Thank you to all the moderators and Auxiliary who have had to contend with people going back and changing posts, rearranging the convo or otherwise rewriting history.

Thank you for making it so that those individuals can no longer rob past conversations of their immense value, convos where emotions were shared and wisdom gained and real life situations hashed out.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys who are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 2 users Like Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • lklivingston, Maysaa
I've changed the setting so you now have 30 days to edit your own posts. After that, you'll have to ask for help from the moderators.
Kathy 
The following 3 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • happi, Maysaa, Purposeful Abnegation
I can still only edit posts within a week of when I've posted.
I've still got joy in chaos; I've got peace that makes no sense, so I won't be going under; I'm not held by my own strength. --Firm Foundation

(02-18-2022, 02:06 PM)Maysaa Wrote: I can still only edit posts within a week of when I've posted.

Ah ha!  The limit was set separately for teens.  I've fixed it now, so let me know if it still isn't working.
Kathy 
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Elgwana, Maysaa
Kathy Livingston is this setting still keeping us from editing posts? I posted some books for sale in the Resource area and I can no longer edit to remove ones that are sold.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 3,979 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,931 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,786 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,456 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  Islam essay no longer available amybest 2 3,866 04-07-2023, 08:50 PM
Last Post: hindmanfam
  Can't edit a for-sale posting HillaryJ 2 4,007 06-30-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: HillaryJ
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,279 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 4,901 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon Kelly Cumbee 15 20,107 09-11-2021, 04:54 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Moderated Posts lesliegid 10 12,803 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa