"AO Home" link at top of forum
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: "AO Home" link at top of forum
No, it's above the logo.
England.  DD13 DS11
(08-20-2021, 10:47 PM)lklivingston Wrote: I don't see an AO Home link in either template.  PM me a picture, please.

I've no idea how to send a screenshot,  but to describe,  above the logo is a green bar which says
AO Home.    FAQ.   CM series.   Site map.   Amazon.com

And they send me to the old site
England.  DD13 DS11
(08-22-2021, 06:30 AM)LucyBeeH Wrote: I've no idea how to send a screenshot,  but to describe,  above the logo is a green bar which says
AO Home.    FAQ.   CM series.   Site map.   Amazon.com

And they send me to the old site

You're seeing that on the Forum? I have none of that on my page. Mysterious!
MaryEllen
Mom of 2 AO Graduates
The following 1 user Likes MaryEllen's post:
  • Subversive Gardener
I don't understand technology!
England.  DD13 DS11
The following 1 user Likes LucyBeeH's post:
  • MaryEllen
(08-22-2021, 07:10 AM)LucyBeeH Wrote: I don't understand technology!
In a browser? Can you paste a link to the page you're looking at?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
This page and every single page on the forum. I'm on chrome in android.
England.  DD13 DS11
OK, I fixed the links.  The bar only appears on pages that are NOT the home page, so that's why I was having trouble finding it.
This bar shows up if you select the Default Board Style in UserCP.  The AO board style does not have the menu bar.
The Default board style is also displaying incorrectly, with everything spread way out.  I think that was something we had to fix on the AO board style back when the forum upgraded, so I will try to look at the Default board style later to see if I can fix it.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • LucyBeeH, Subversive Gardener
(08-22-2021, 11:27 PM)lklivingston Wrote: OK, I fixed the links.  The bar only appears on pages that are NOT the home page, so that's why I was having trouble finding it.
This bar shows up if you select the Default Board Style in UserCP.  The AO board style does not have the menu bar.
The Default board style is also displaying incorrectly, with everything spread way out.  I think that was something we had to fix on the AO board style back when the forum upgraded, so I will try to look at the Default board style later to see if I can fix it.
Thank you so much for everything you do! I really appreciate all the effort you put into the forum etc!
DS1 born 2012, DS2 born 2014, DD1 born 2017, DD2 born 2019, DS3 born 2021 and DD3 born sleeping 2023
Yes thank you Kathie! I'm sorry it took me so long to adequately describe what I meant!
England.  DD13 DS11
May I strongly urge any of you who see this bar at the top of the screen to change over to the AO Board Style? I'm using the Default style right now so I can see what you see, and it's just all wrong. It doesn't even have the Like button! The colors are wrong, the screen proportion is wrong. I can try to fix it, but it would be easier for the 77 of you to move to the AO style.

Go to User CP (top left).
Look for Edit Options on the left.
Then look in the bottom right for Other Options and where it says Board Style, choose AO from the dropdown menu that currently says Default.

I will try to add that menu bar to the top of the screen on the AO template, and that way you'll have it when you're using the AO board style.
Kathy 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 5 book purchase link needs update Mscott07 2 1,531 03-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ghutzley
  Wondering about a link to Amazon.ca? Laura in Ontario 2 4,446 08-09-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Laura in Ontario
  Possible Link Change in Y8? COMama 2 4,157 08-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,070 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,911 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,301 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,386 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,128 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,194 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,966 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs