Some Bible & Science Changes
Announcements/RE: Some Bible & Science Changes
(04-03-2023, 12:19 PM)kerricanner Wrote: May I ask the reason behind the switch from the Nature Reader to the Apologia textbook?

I already have The Child's Books of Nature: Animals, so I'm wondering if that is still a good choice, or if there is something special or not-to-be-missed in Exploring Creation? :)

The CLNR 5 book being replaced was about human physiology fyi, as is the replacement title.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
(04-03-2023, 09:57 PM)Lani Wrote: The CLNR 5 book being replaced was about human physiology fyi, as is the replacement title.

But the vintage book that we had to use when the Christian Liberty Nature update went out of print is called Child's Book of Nature: Animals, I'm pretty sure.  It's confusing.  It was meant to be about human physiology, and so the book that's scheduled now, about anatomy, is a good replacement.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Heatherml, Rondalyno
(04-03-2023, 11:07 PM)lklivingston Wrote: But the vintage book that we had to use when the Christian Liberty Nature update went out of print is called Child's Book of Nature: Animals, I'm pretty sure.  It's confusing.  It was meant to be about human physiology, and so the book that's scheduled now, about anatomy, is a good replacement.

Well, this should clear up any of that confusion.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
The following 1 user Likes AnneWhite's post:
  • lklivingston
(04-03-2023, 11:12 PM)AnneWhite Wrote: Well, this should clear up any of that confusion.

Exactly.  I'm really looking forward to using the anatomy book in another year when my last one gets there.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • AnneWhite, Heatherml
Announcements/Some Bible & Science Changes
(04-03-2023, 11:19 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Exactly.  I'm really looking forward to using the anatomy book in another year when my last one gets there.

I used it a couple of years ago with one of my daughters and she really enjoyed it. She actually did science journal drawings happily that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 4 users Like MaryFrances's post:
  • AnneWhite, COMama, Heatherml, verkom
I’m looking forward to the new science book, I ordered my copy this morning!
(04-03-2023, 11:07 PM)lklivingston Wrote: But the vintage book that we had to use when the Christian Liberty Nature update went out of print is called Child's Book of Nature: Animals, I'm pretty sure.  It's confusing.  It was meant to be about human physiology, and so the book that's scheduled now, about anatomy, is a good replacement.

Yes, they changed the publication altogether at one point. But the original book scheduled, and the one outdated, as mentioned by Leslie, was the one about physiology. :)
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
I adore these changes!!

I was trying to tweek the Y6 schedule (something I do not like doing!) because my son wanted to study human anatomy – AO to the rescue again!

I think this makes AO science even richer than it was. Thanks for all your hard work, advisory! You just made my life a lot easier

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
The following 2 users Like tassiao's post:
  • AnneWhite, Donna-Jean
Looking forward to these changes! For those students currently in Y5 and using the Nature Reader, any recommendations on where to pick up the new book? Is there any reason to start at the beginning of the new one, or just pick up with the Y6 schedule?

I, too was wondering what I should do with my Year 6 next year. I actually have a copy of the Young Readers Edition of the Sea Around Us, so I'm wondering if I should just stick with the old plan for this child and switch to the new stuff for my upcoming children.

The following 1 user Likes teacherturnedmomma's post:
  • maltajoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 9 Science AO Advisory 55 633,677 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: kgkat
  Year 6 Bible Change lklivingston 0 12,943 10-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Science changes for year 8 and 3 Jeanne Webb 31 427,183 09-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: michelle dawn
  AO Science! Lani 33 507,521 08-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Kathy W.
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,273 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis