Missing Post
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Missing Post
I just responded to a post titled "Pre-reading Yr1 - Week 12" and it is not showing. When I go to edit then I see the post? Thanks for your help!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Missing Post
(07-20-2013, 09:13 AM)Carolyn Wrote: I just responded to a post titled "Pre-reading Yr1 - Week 12" and it is not showing. When I go to edit then I see the post? Thanks for your help!

Carolyn,

I went in and looked at your post. It looks like when you were responding, you deleted the close quote, but left the beginning opening of the quote (who you are quoting). That caused the post to be blank for some reason. I deleted that beginning line and all is well.

To answer your question in that thread:
To do the quote box, you put your cursor where you would like to start the quote, click on the little button that looks rather like a cartoon word box just above the text. Then put your cursor in the spot where you would lie to close the quote and click the quote button again (at this point, it will have red words above and to the right of it that says "close tags"). You can do this as many times as needed if so you can respond to various sections of an email.

Hope this helps! If it makes no sense, let me know and I will retry explaining it.
(07-20-2013, 12:11 PM)MelisaH Wrote: Carolyn,

I went in and looked at your post. It looks like when you were responding, you deleted the close quote, but left the beginning opening of the quote (who you are quoting). That caused the post to be blank for some reason. I deleted that beginning line and all is well.

To do the quote box, you put your cursor where you would like to start the quote, click on the little button that looks rather like a cartoon word box just above the text. Then put your cursor in the spot where you would lie to close the quote and click the quote button again (at this point, it will have red words above and to the right of it that says "close tags"). You can do this as many times as needed if so you can respond to various sections of an email.

Hope this helps! If it makes no sense, let me know and I will retry explaining it.

Thank you so much for your help and answering my quote box question:)
The following 1 user Likes Carolyn's post:
  • MelisaH
(07-20-2013, 01:22 PM)Carolyn Wrote: Thank you so much for your help and answering my quote box question:)

You are welcome!
(07-20-2013, 12:11 PM)MelisaH Wrote: Carolyn,

Hi Melisa! It is me again. I am trying to figure this whole quote thing out, and saw this post. Using your post as practice, I hit the reply box of this message. Then I placed the cursor where I wanted to quote "put your cursor in the spot where you would like to close.......". When I did this, I didn't see cartoon word box above the text. I am on an iPAD, does this make a difference?
Wendy Gant in AR; AO YR 10, YR 7, YR 2
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith"
Did the quote box include the text you wanted?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I use an iPad. That, in itself makes no difference.
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bell/curie missing in Y5 Wilsonfam2008 5 8,065 07-31-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Missing links under Years 9-10-11 1st Year Booklist AndreaMM 2 4,629 07-26-2023, 10:28 AM
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,386 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,613 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 5,109 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 14,010 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 12,034 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,087 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 29,090 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,458 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres