Anyone else having a problem with posting today?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Anyone else having a problem with posting today?
When I reply within a thread, I hit post and nothing happens. It seems like the page is just sitting there, but when I hit the button again, I get an error message that I am posting a duplicate answer. If I manually refresh my browser, my response shows up.

I am wondering if other people are having the same problem, because I have seen a couple duplicate threads today. I'm not too worried about it at this point, but I did want to let someone techie know that there may be a glitch. Or not, maybe it's just me. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Anyone else having a problem with posting today?
FYI, I am browsing on Internet Explorer on my iPad. This is the message I keep getting:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '362685' for key 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_mailqueue (`mailto`,`mailfrom`,`subject`,`message`,`headers`) VALUES ('fylliska@gmail.com','','New Thread in Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)','Phyllis,\r\n\r\nCOMama has just started a new thread in Tech Support (Parent and Student Access). This is a forum you have subscribed to at Ambleside Online Forums.\r\n\r\nThe thread is titled Anyone else having a problem with posting today?\r\n\r\nHere is an excerpt of the message:\r\n--\r\nWhen I reply within a thread, I hit post and nothing happens. It seems like the page is just sitting there, but when I hit the button again, I get an error message that I am posting a duplicate answer. If I manually refresh my browser, my response shows up.\r\n\r\nI am wondering if other people are having the same problem, because I have seen a couple duplicate threads today. I\'m not too worried about it at this point, but I did want to let someone techie know that there may be a glitch. Or not, maybe it\'s just me. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]... (visit the thread to read more..)\r\n--\r\n\r\nTo view the thread, you can go to the following URL:\r\nhttps://amblesideonline.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=7306\r\n\r\nThere may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again.\r\n\r\nThank you,\r\nAmbleside Online Forums Staff\r\n\r\n------------------------------------------\r\nUnsubscription Information:\r\n\r\nIf you would not like to receive any more notifications of new threads in this forum, visit the following URL in your browser:\r\nhttps://amblesideonline.org/forum/usercp2.php?action=removesubscription&type=forum&fid=6&my_post_key=fe65ff6621c18759ad3df890a2da2f1f\r\n\r\n------------------------------------------','')

This time it popped up the first time I hit post.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Anyone else having a problem with posting today?
(08-08-2013, 03:23 PM)COMama Wrote: When I reply within a thread, I hit post and nothing happens. It seems like the page is just sitting there, but when I hit the button again, I get an error message that I am posting a duplicate answer. If I manually refresh my browser, my response shows up.

I am wondering if other people are having the same problem, because I have seen a couple duplicate threads today. I'm not too worried about it at this point, but I did want to let someone techie know that there may be a glitch. Or not, maybe it's just me. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]

I've had it along that lines happen a few times today on my tablet.... thought it was me pressing the button too fast....

There was a couple of times today when my tablet seemed to have a hard time getting a response from the forum as well - as in it would just be stuck trying to load.... thought it was just the tablet, but the other web pages were fine.
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
It happened to me too, we're looking into it and will hopefully have it fixed in a jiffy. Thanks for letting us know :)
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

I think we may have it fixed, please let us know if it happens again.
Naomi - dd 21 (grad), ds 19 (grad), dd 15 (YR10), ds 12 (YR6)

The following 1 user Likes NaomiG's post:
  • COMama
Happened to me too later last night (the page not loading). I took it as a sign to hit the hay! :) Seems okay today so far. I am sure traffic on the site is busy busy since it is back to school time in the US... maybe just too busy?
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 1 user Likes Lani's post:
  • COMama
It happened to me, too. I went and researched what was going on and how to fix it... and then I came back and it was gone. Two other people reported SQL errors that were actually keeping them out of the forum, too, and I was able to fix that. My best guess is that these are popping up because we're getting close to capacity on our server. We'll confirm that and upgrade, if necessary. Until then, please be as patient as you usually are with all of us. Thanks. (You all are really wonderful about that!)

Oh, and feel free to email me to report anything else going on (fylliska@gmail.com). Or tell me about it here.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't edit a for-sale posting HillaryJ 2 4,079 06-30-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: HillaryJ
  Problem with Tapatalk logging you out KeeperOfTheMasterSaber 7 8,209 04-22-2021, 11:24 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Problem printing exams Blue Willow 7 9,336 03-11-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Year 9/10 doc problem Amy Sterrett 2 3,644 06-26-2018, 11:45 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Updating Signature problem Linz{at}home 3 4,627 08-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Linz{at}home
  Y2 Chart problem Rpryor 1 2,823 07-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  having trouble posting in year 0 derdsgirl 8 10,158 04-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Last Post: derdsgirl
  posting a message including a quote from someone in the thread gardenmama 13 16,964 08-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Last Post: gardenmama
  Problems Posting suzukimom 2 3,947 06-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Posting a document yougogirl 2 3,805 08-31-2012, 03:19 AM
Last Post: yougogirl