AO Science!
Announcements/RE: AO Science!
I'm not seeing BFSU on the years 3-7 schedules anymore even as an option. Is it still being considered?

Shelley in NC
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
(06-26-2014, 04:50 AM)Lani Wrote: Ambleside Online proudly announces that we at AO are creating our own course of science instruction that is closer to Charlotte Mason's principles in the upper years as a replacement to previous suggestions to use a textbook such as Apologia. The overall plan moved "Secrets of the Universe" up a year, replacing it in Year 6 with "The Mystery of the Periodic Table" and "The Elements" as preparation for chemistry topics. Users will also find an addition to year 4 as well as additional science free reads in years 6 and 7. Years 6 and 7 are posted on the AO booklists and schedules, and AO will be transitioning Years 8-12 as completed. Those who prefer to use Apologia (or another program) may still do so, and the change doesn't need to affect them at all. The switch to a more "living" style of science is an exciting work in progress. Stay tuned for further updates, information on implementation, etc. As always, those with children pursuing STEM fields will need to ensure upper level course requirements for college admission are met.
The following 1 user Likes Keely's post:
  • Prophetmother
I believe BFSU (and Apologia) where removed because they do not have a CM outlook of discovery. See this thread: https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...#pid184740
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 2 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, lklivingston
Thank you Amy Jo. I haven't been following the threads closely enough and was a little confused.

Shelley in NC
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
Welcome to the forums. And it is a picture book. I have it from the library.
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
Thanks Amy Jo! I just removed my question b/c I noticed it HAD already been answered in the second page of these replies, which I had missed...my apologies! I just requested it from the library :)
Amy S. in Southern California
Ummmmm, because patience has never been my thing when will we see more AO science posted? Inquiring minds and all. [cheesy grin] ;)
Daughter 17 using  few AO books grade 12 and engaged to be married  [Whoopee! smilie]
Sons, twins, age 14, HUFI/AO year 7 actually in grade 8
Fiona the Feisty, our delightful corgi
The following 1 user Likes ChristyH's post:
  • TNgal4blessings
When a certain someone returns from her vacation...[Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 2 users Like Kathy W.'s post:
  • ChristyH, MelisaH
(08-07-2014, 12:43 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: When a certain someone returns from her vacation...[Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]

Are there any hints to be gleaned from pictures on a certain someone's blog?

I know, I'm too impatient and my book budget can't stand any more pressure this month anyway.
DS 2019 grad  
Some helpful resources at MrsSunflower's favorites at Archive.org
The following 1 user Likes Sunflower's post:
  • ChristyH
(08-07-2014, 12:57 AM)Sunflower Wrote: Are there any hints to be gleaned from pictures on a certain someone's blog?

I know, I'm too impatient and my book budget can't stand any more pressure this month anyway.

You can get hints from a certain someone's blog, but if they're out of print, we probably can't use them, even if we wanted to.

I'll be home mid September and we'll be back at it. I'm off to Paris on Sunday. Not boasting, or anything... [cheesy grin]
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Bible & Science Changes Donna-Jean 37 53,624 04-05-2023, 04:34 AM
Last Post: Mariel
  Year 9 Science AO Advisory 55 633,572 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: kgkat
  Science changes for year 8 and 3 Jeanne Webb 31 427,160 09-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: michelle dawn
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,270 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis