2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Lakeview asked us to pass along these rules:

911 Calls: If a guest dials 911 from a LCRC telephone with a non-emergency or hang up, the Ellis County Emergency Department may charge us a fee.

Guest Vehicles: Please make sure to park only in designated parking areas. For the safety of all guests, please be sure all guests in your group observe our 15 MPH speed limit.

Wristbands: LCRC requires guests to wear wristbands while present at our facilities. Color-coded wristbands will be issued to the leaders at check-in. In addition to providing safety and the ability to identify your group members, it is your facility, lodging meal and recreation pass. Please be sure all your guests wear their wristbands.

Tobacco Free and Alcohol Free Facility: Tobacco and alcohol are prohibited on the LCRC campus. Please be sure all 
of your guests are aware of this policy before arriving at Lakeview. Any smoking will result in a $200 fine per room.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Anyone still looking to carpool to the conference or ride together from the airport? Check out this thread: https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...55&page=11
Nermarí Faría Broderick
Mom to 3 boys (Y11, Y9, Y8) and 1 rambunctious girl (Y4) [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!] 

Find me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/BeautifulMessyMotherhood

~~ Southeast Florida / Broward / Coral Springs ~~
The following 1 user Likes justNermari's post:
  • lklivingston
Are we supposed to have our roomies assigned by now or did I just miss that email?
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines
I think Leslie has assigned them, but I don't know if she's told you. Maybe it's a surprise! lol
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
(05-16-2016, 12:49 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Are we supposed to have our roomies assigned by now or did I just miss that email?

Katie, you requested to share a room with someone, so that's your roommate. I'll PM you.

Most people have been assigned roommates, but there are a handful who haven't been assigned yet.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
(05-14-2016, 10:27 AM)WendiC Wrote: However, for some longer songs, we are only doing one verse, and only one verse may be in our hand outs, to save space. And I might chicken out and we'll do none because I'll be in the bathroom retching, unless somebody volunteers.
I'll sing with you!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The following 4 users Like FitzgeraldEliza's post:
  • Friederike, phoebebopeep, Purposeful Abnegation, SowingLittleSeeds
just found 'what to bring' thread and posted there.

On the list of things to bring it mentions bottled water. Any more details on what the drinking water situation is? I drink from the tap at home, but I know not all places in the country do that. We were hoping to just bring carry-ons (don't even know that I can bring unopened bottles in taht) and not sure yet we will have a way to get to a store. But, I'm going to need lots of fills of the water bottle:)
Jenny
Y11, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y1
The following 1 user Likes jbg1131's post:
  • Purposeful Abnegation
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-17-2016, 03:00 AM)jbg1131 Wrote: On the list of things to bring it mentions bottled water. Any more details on what the drinking water situation is? I drink from the tap at home, but I know not all places in the country do that. We were hoping to just bring carry-ons (don't even know that I can bring unopened bottles in taht) and not sure yet we will have a way to get to a store. But, I'm going to need lots of fills of the water bottle:)

Dallas water is fine to drink! Bottled is always better of course, but you will be fine drinking Dallas water ;)
Mama to six little ladies, ages 13 to 5 - Currently doing Y7, Y5, Y4, Y2, Y1 and Y0
The following 3 users Like Queensuzie2's post:
  • JennyWren, Primeperiwinkle, Purposeful Abnegation
I think it says "water bottle." That's what we meant, anyway, and it's totally optional. There will be bottled water at the event. No need to bring your own!
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
[Image: 3d6e00bac8dd5e8d702faa8cf19701ae.jpg]

My kids were amused by my taking this picture. . .
Kathy 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 536,958 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 108,049 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,487 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,908 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,566 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 357,025 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,577 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,312 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 153,037 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,548 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep