2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Exclamation  Exclamation  Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-22-2016, 11:05 AM)WendiC Wrote: I'll try both after I get home.  But my notes are really long.

Thank you so much! Long is ok. My cliff notes from your talk are only a page and a half. We ran out of time, though for poetry, handicraft, and I think music, so it would help me (and I'm sure many others) to see what your thoughts were there.
~Kimberly Rotter~
Homeschooling one daughter, Year 5 in 2020-2021
http://AnArmyOfWriters.com
Spiritual but secular Charlotte Mason in San Diego, CA.
The following 2 users Like KimSanDiego's post:
  • Jenna Dilts, phoebebopeep
Announcements/RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-18-2016, 04:28 AM)ModernWhit Wrote: Smokey Johns is near there! There are a lot of good places to eat around Love Field!

http://www.smokeyjohns.com/#_=_

We went to Smokey John's and it was amazing (all 5 of us loved it)! Thank you so much for the recommendation. It was such a great experience and only a few miles from our hotel.
Amy in Southern California - dd 17 (yr11) & dd 14 (yr8)
 "I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -Thomas Jefferson 
The following 2 users Like Amy_Johnson's post:
  • lklivingston, Queensuzie2
Announcements/2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
(05-25-2016, 06:36 PM)Amy_Johnson Wrote: We went to Smokey John's and it was amazing (all 5 of us loved it)! Thank you so much for the recommendation. It was such a great experience and only a few miles from our hotel.

That's so awesome! Glad it was good and your trip ended on a delicious note. It's kind of hilarious too because I'm vegan and don't eat bbq anymore
I'm Whitney and I live in Dallas with my boy/girl twins, husband, and dog. Always looking for the beauty in the every day.
Anyone else still pouring over their notes from the weekend? There was so much to soak in!!
The following 7 users Like Sendy_Green's post:
  • ckpyle03, Dawn Duran, Donna-Jean, MarlaK, Mrs.Honey, phoebebopeep, SowingLittleSeeds
Yes, our local CM group members got together before checking out to narrate all of the sessions we attended. That helped!! We drank up all of the great info from everyone. I feel blessed. <3
Rebecca Miller
http://acmhomeschool.blogspot.com/
Helping Others Implement a Charlotte Mason Education

[/size]
(05-26-2016, 10:02 AM)Sendy_Green Wrote: Anyone else still pouring over their notes from the weekend?  There was so much to soak in!!

I'm not a big note taker but I am still going over everything in my mind and talking about it to anyone who will listen.  I was giving a narration of Donna-Jean's first plenary talk to another homeschooler in my church (she does classical conversations) and about the time that I started talking about how all the lovely riches we encounter through AO can help to sustain us through hard times, I noticed her eyes glazing over and the interest waning.  I'm so glad I have all of you lovelies to share this with because most non-AOers just don't get it.
BECKY ~ ds10-Y4; dd8-Y3, ds7-Y2, dd6-Y1, ds2 (The Babe)
"I have dreamt in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind."

Our local CM study group is taking a break from Volume 6 so that I and another lady that were at the Conference in Texas can 'narrate' to the rest of the group, and our June meeting will be the same for those who will be attending CMI. [cheesy grin]
Jen in North Carolina - Mama (Seminary Student) to dd18(!) (Dual Enrollment), ds15 (Y9), dd 13 (Y7)
Moderating in Language Arts/Narration
The following 5 users Like MamaSnow's post:
  • JennyWren, lklivingston, phoebebopeep, redclayhome, Sendy_Green
(05-26-2016, 12:17 PM)SowingLittleSeeds Wrote: I'm not a big note taker but I am still going over everything in my mind and talking about it to anyone who will listen.  I was giving a narration of Donna-Jean's first plenary talk to another homeschooler in my church (she does classical conversations) and about the time that I started talking about how all the lovely riches we encounter through AO can help to sustain us through hard times, I noticed her eyes glazing over and the interest waning.  I'm so glad I have all of you lovelies to share this with because most non-AOers just don't get it.
I experience the same things with several of my peer homeschooling friends! But at times they seem interested in how we school the kids. Maybe one day they'll actually listen for interest!

Mom of 3: AO Years 7, 4, & 2
The following 1 user Likes Sendy_Green's post:
  • SowingLittleSeeds

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save the Date! Donna-Jean 86 535,242 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Queensuzie2
  Third conference plenary AO Forum 8 107,833 03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Meshelle911
  Christmas Break 2016 lklivingston 7 112,236 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Heivices
  Conference Resources (notes & things promised at the Heart of AO Conf 2016) NaomiG 26 366,189 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Next conference plenary (extra special!) AO Forum 10 140,397 07-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peacefully Buzzing
  Conference audio! AO Forum 28 356,375 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: islavet
  Second conference plenary! AO Forum 24 308,100 07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Folksongs 2016-2017 lklivingston 4 70,190 06-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Conference scholarships! WendiC 11 152,794 05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: mcsorleyfam
  2016 Conference - What to Bring lklivingston 10 136,334 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep