emails for forum subscriptions
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/emails for forum subscriptions
Hello, dumb question coming your way... How do I get emails from forums I've subscribed to? I'm usually on my phone, but I've even resorted to looking on my desktop to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!
Thank you
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: emails for forum subscriptions
This is funny, because I was wondering how to turn off email notifications for subscribed forums! LOL I wonder if there used to be a setting where you could opt in or out of emails, and now that setting isn't available anymore? Because the forums I've been subscribed to longer don't send me emails, but the recently subscribed ones do, and I can't find a place to change it either way. Maybe someone will rescue us both with a setting we've missed!
Amanda 
Midwestern mom of one Y1 boy
Go to User CP (top left).
Go to Edit Options (under Your Profile on the left).
Change the Default Thread Subscription Mode.[Image: 2a1971f69eacc82df687af0fc8df0961.jpg][Image: 9008e9c73a69aabeb49d0dc12233ca90.jpg][Image: fd5a7527c0257c84b776a4decae5e18a.jpg]
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
These are your options.[Image: 0ed95450e5631903e43185b8baea0756.jpg]
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
But does that work for forum subscriptions or only threads? I have that option set to no emails, and I don't get emails for subscribed threads (exactly as I wish). But I do get emails for the forums I've recently subscribed to, and I don't see where to change that.
Amanda 
These are forums you subscribed to while that setting was on No Email?
Kathy 
Yes. And I've never gotten notifications for threads, only for new posts in some of my subscribed forums.

I'm sorry if I inadvertantly hijacked your post, val_Aggie. Hopefully the issues are related and you'll benefit as well!
Amanda 
Subscribed forums automatically send emails, if you check in on the forum regularly.

There's not a way to turn that off. (Sorry.) If it really bothers you, you should have a way to set those emails to sort right into your trash. Or you can sabotage the email address in your profile here. But then you wouldn't get any emails from the forum.

If you're wanting to get emails and aren't: check that they're not going into your spam or something. Make sure that the email address in your forum profile is right. Sign into the forum itself in your browser, not Tapatalk.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • EchoOfJoy
Thanks for all the info, ladies! For me, it's no big deal. I just found it curious that my older subscribed forums don't send emails and the newer ones do. I imagine it would be more important to start getting emails if you aren't. Appreciate the help!
Amanda 
(04-20-2023, 01:03 AM)EchoOfJoy Wrote: Thanks for all the info, ladies! For me, it's no big deal. I just found it curious that my older subscribed forums don't send emails and the newer ones do. I imagine it would be more important to start getting emails if you aren't. Appreciate the help!

Maybe unsubscribe for a day and then resubscribe?
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
The following 1 user Likes Lani's post:
  • EchoOfJoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,028 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,705 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,342 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,043 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,055 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,880 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,145 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,110 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 48,527 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM
  "AO Home" link at top of forum LucyBeeH 23 29,781 08-24-2021, 05:44 AM