Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6
Announcements/RE: Schedule Changes
(03-30-2017, 12:22 PM)islavet Wrote: So what if I accidentally ended up with both of the Isaac Newton options? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used both of the Bell and Einstein (?) options for different kids/circumstances.
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 3 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • Carol, HillaryJ, MichelleChoe
Thank you so much for keeping the old schedule up and available! We will be starting Year 6, Term 3 on Monday :) I agree with everyone that these changes for previous years look great and make a lot of sense, looking back!

Today our daughter just began reading the Iliad (Samuel Bulter's translation), which I believe was one that was previously recommended. Would you share, please, the main reason/s for the change to the recommended retelling and also why in the notes the Samuel Butler translation was omitted but only the one by Robert Fagles mentioned? Just wondering if I should return the Butler translation and go with the retellings or possibly the Fagles translation. She really enjoyed the first six pages of Book one of Butler's translation :) Thanking God for all of you working hard to keep things in the best working order and also for everyone who asks questions here on the forum! It's all so helpful!
Amy S. in Southern California
The following 1 user Likes Perhaps Today!'s post:
  • phoebebopeep
There is nothing wrong with the Butler's translation, but it's long and makes for a lot of reading in the week. If she can handle the reading, then Butler's is a very good option!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • HillaryJ, phoebebopeep
We are in Term 3 of Year 5 and on schedule with the former Y5 chart. Would it be the simplest plan just to use the old Year 6 schedule for the next school year? I saw that they'll still be available. I am especially curious about what to do for geography since we'll finish both books of Halliburton this year.
____
Years 12, 10 and 7 with my boys - AO from the start

I would use the new plan anyway. The old plan just had the Livingston biography spread across the whole year, so you can still do that, or you can use the Hillyer option on the new plan.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • HillaryJ
(03-31-2017, 10:39 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Thanks so much, Leslie!
Amy S. in Southern California
I must be confused but in looking at the new Year 6 schedule, it seems there is no change with regards to The Iliad. I don't see the Odyssey readings at all in Term 3. Am I looking at the wrong place??
Danielle
Year 12, Year 10, Year 3 and Y1 w/twins
(04-01-2017, 08:31 AM)DKott Wrote: I must be confused but in looking at the new Year 6 schedule, it seems there is no change with regards to The Iliad. I don't see the Odyssey readings at all in Term 3. Am I looking at the wrong place??

I see it on the html schedules. Are you looking at the chart/grid schedules?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(04-01-2017, 09:58 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I see it on the html schedules. Are you looking at the chart/grid schedules?

I am looking at the PDF charts... I'll look on the html schedules though.
Danielle
(04-01-2017, 09:58 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I see it on the html schedules. Are you looking at the chart/grid schedules?

I now see it on the html weekly schedules. Thank you and sorry for my confusion!
Danielle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schedule Updates lklivingston 142 320,469 02-11-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! Donna-Jean 98 145,818 07-26-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: andrealisabeth
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,395 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 189,141 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 270,514 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 176,847 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots
  Chart Schedule Updates lklivingston 34 426,962 08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 5 Schedule Change lklivingston 5 87,722 07-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: monica626
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,199 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis