Exam question and mistake
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Exam question and mistake
Hi! Where do I report a mistake on an exam? I guess I'll just mention it here. On the Year 5 Term I exam there is a geography question about Machu Pichu. That "marvel" is not studied until Term II.
"Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."
- Psalm 116:2
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Exam question and mistake
I put that question there figuring people would be doing both The Occident and The Orient, about two chapters per week. I guess for people only using The Occident and doing one chapter per week, both that question and the one about Rio de Janeiro will fit in Term 2.

I wonder if Year 5's geography needs to have more than two options per questions? I hadn't done questions for those using the Hillyer's Geography book, but since it's in the 36-week schedule, there should be questions for that, too.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
I added options for those who can only find The Occident (Volume 1 of The Book of Marvels) or The Orient (Volume 2) and have to spread the one book through the entire year, so now it should work for more situations.

I still need to put in questions for the Hillyer geography book.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(11-15-2012, 03:04 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I added options for those who can only find The Occident (Volume 1 of The Book of Marvels) or The Orient (Volume 2) and have to spread the one book through the entire year, so now it should work for more situations.

I still need to put in questions for the Hillyer geography book.

Thanks, Leslie!
"Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."
- Psalm 116:2
(11-15-2012, 01:22 PM)Kristin Wrote: Hi! Where do I report a mistake on an exam? I guess I'll just mention it here.

Found another minor one:

~ The Year 3 exam key says it is for Year 2 (though the questions are all appropriately the same as the Year 3 exam pages)

Thanks for these!
Blessings,
Rice
Canadian and former AO user for 5 years.
In our last year with AO (2013/14) we ran:
Yr5; Yr3.5; Y2; Y0.5; and had 3 under 6. 
(11-18-2012, 08:17 AM)Rice Wrote: ~ The Year 3 exam key says it is for Year 2 (though the questions are all appropriately the same as the Year 3 exam pages)

Fixed it. Let me know if I missed anything else. I copied/pasted a lot of the basic formatting, and may have forgotten to change things like that on some files.
The Year 4 Term 2 Exam is missing a question in the English Grammar section that is appearing in the Answer Key.

Here is the question as it appears in the Answer Key --- 2. Fix the punctuation and capitalization in the following sentence: I am not ashamed of my name said I. They call me david balfour
"I am not ashamed of my name," said I. "They call me David Balfour."
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 21 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
Year 7 Term 1 exam Grammar question 1 should have no commas.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I fixed both of those. Kathy, did I get year 7's right?
Yes, Year 7 is now correct.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,841 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Exam Key Errors? mommabot 0 1,588 04-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: mommabot
  Year 7 Exam Answer key incomplete stonemasons 2 3,795 12-11-2018, 03:27 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Mistake in book list zeo2ski 2 3,858 11-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: zeo2ski
  Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question taratf 6 7,950 07-15-2017, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Forum typing question CrazyMama 6 8,374 04-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: hadmason
  Really STUPID and POINTLESS question... redhed 4 5,544 01-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Last Post: laurke
  Question on Y1 and Y3 bookmarks Learning with my little ones! 7 8,928 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Learning with my little ones!