Problems searching the AO site
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Problems searching the AO site
(08-07-2022, 01:08 AM)busyncmama Wrote: I just cleared the cache in my Firefox browser, then searched for Under the Tuscan Sun. No results. I tried just Tuscan Sun, but still no results.

Cleared cookies and still no results from search.
Linda in NC
I am using Windows 7 on my desktop. I use Firefox, but have Chrome, also. Search didn't bring results on it, either. I just did several searches on both browsers using random key words and phrases. I get the same results on both. I got hits from Pagoo, Beowulf, Plutarch, and The Sea Around Us. I didn't get hits from just "sea", Kim, The Hobbit, just "Hobbit", or Archimedes.
Linda in NC
(08-07-2022, 01:11 AM)busyncmama Wrote: Cleared cookies and still no results from search.

Do you get results if you go to Google Search directly and put this in the search bar?

Quote:Tuscan Sun site:amblesideonline.org
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: [split] search function is not working
(06-25-2022, 07:15 AM)Barb Gifford Wrote: search function is not working. I have a Mac (12.3.1) and tried the search with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I tested with the word Washington and nothing comes up.

I get a long list on my 1st gen, ancient iPad and I have no theories on why it doesn't work on the laptop.
Edit: now it's not working on the iPad. It can't find the word Washington again. <sigh>

Wow! I have a Mac Air with the latest update (Monterey). I never use Safari because I have downloaded Brave. I have no problems searching the AO site on Brave. Out of curiosity, I just searched AO on Safari and got nothing!!!! Try Brave and see what happens.

Uh, oh, I just cleared my browsing data to see if I got more pages and now I got nothing!
The following 1 user Likes Tammy Glaser's post:
  • Barb Gifford
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: [split] search function is not working
(08-07-2022, 01:57 AM)Tammy Glaser Wrote: Wow! I have a Mac Air with the latest update (Monterey). I never use Safari because I have downloaded Brave. I have no problems searching the AO site on Brave. Out of curiosity, I just searched AO on Safari and got nothing!!!! Try Brave and see what happens.

Uh, oh, I just cleared my browsing data to see if I got more pages and now I got nothing!

I found an easy work around. After you get the “no results” page, click inside the search box and hit enter. Then I get search results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I tried to do the second search trick on Safari and I still got no results. But, it works for Brave and it’s not really a hassle.
(08-07-2022, 01:40 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Do you get results if you go to Google Search directly and put this in the search bar?

Yes
Linda in NC
(08-07-2022, 02:34 AM)Tammy Glaser Wrote: I tried to do the second search trick on Safari and I still got no results. But, it works for Brave and it’s not really a hassle.

It didn't work with either Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Linda in NC
(08-07-2022, 01:39 AM)busyncmama Wrote: I am using Windows 7 on my desktop. I use Firefox, but have Chrome, also. Search didn't bring results on it, either. I just did several searches on both browsers using random key words and phrases. I get the same results on both. I got hits from Pagoo, Beowulf, Plutarch, and The Sea Around Us. I didn't get hits from just "sea", Kim, The Hobbit, just "Hobbit",  or Archimedes.

I just tried on Internet Explorer with the same results.
Linda in NC
This is weird. I just went back and tried the search term Mason in AO’s search box on Brave and it worked this time. It also worked for Safari.

But, it does not work for Washington on Safari nor Brave. And now the second search does not work on Washington with a Brave browser.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 49,378 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Printing from new site smoses9239 12 15,501 07-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: smoses9239
  Curriculum site issue; Menus in Header Mscott07 9 11,858 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Problems with Quick edit button Cargeek 11 13,729 12-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Jenna Dilts
  Sidebars on site don't want to show in Safari Te-ge 0 1,721 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Te-ge
Shocked Site not found error?? Mommychickadee 10 10,989 08-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ARB
  Tapatalk problems? Phyllis 1 2,908 07-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Signature Problems Catherine 2 3,954 06-23-2015, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Catherine
  Update Link on AO Site Map trinitydaks 2 3,554 03-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Last Post: speedorwinska
  Searching the Forum Dawn Rhymer 0 1,643 03-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Dawn Rhymer