Problems searching the AO site
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Problems searching the AO site
Now I just redid the second search for Washington on the Brave browser and it worked.
This is weird. It is an intermittent issue for me on Brave.
How many of you tried after clearing your cache (not cookies)? I saw several mention cookies, but I'd like to hear about results after clearing your cache.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(08-07-2022, 10:49 AM)lklivingston Wrote: How many of you tried after clearing your cache (not cookies)?  I saw several mention cookies, but I'd like to hear about results after clearing your cache.

I cleared the cache first on Firefox; When that didn't work, I cleared the cookies and cache.
Linda in NC
Just to be clear: I heard from someone on FB who is having this same problem, but it's on a site that uses Google in its search bar. I don't think this is a problem that's specific to one search engine or another. It's definitely not a problem that affects all users. I am still trying to get more information so we can figure out how to resolve it or how to help you resolve it. But as of now, I'm totally puzzled.

I just tried again, in both Brave and Firefox. Both of them worked fine for me. I'm still looking for a pattern or for more information.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • LeslieNoelani
(08-07-2022, 10:49 AM)lklivingston Wrote: How many of you tried after clearing your cache (not cookies)?  I saw several mention cookies, but I'd like to hear about results after clearing your cache.

When I shared my results previously, I had cleared both the cache and the cookies.
married to "...Hey, Babe?" [Heart <3] using AO for Groups in New Jersey with:
my Giant ('08), my shining Storm ('10), my morning Tempest ('12), and my glittering Gale ('14)
Sorry, I had forgotten about this thread and didn't get back here until today. We had Covid and a retreat and . . . I did not clear any caches.

I did some searches in Firefox p, on the laptop, just now and they all worked. It even remembered that I had typed Washibgton in the search box and wanted to autofill. The Internet is weird.
The highest design of philosophy was to propound and expose the beauty of virtue, and its charming aspect, as the most worthy motive to draw and influence the affections...virtue is but a ray of the Diety; and our duty is not complete, unless it be referred to his glory, who is the principle and pattern of it. -Thomas Boston

Mom to 4; 2 grads, yr 10/11 & yr 7.
The following 1 user Likes Barb Gifford's post:
  • Tammy Glaser
Glad you are feeling better!!!
The following 1 user Likes Tammy Glaser's post:
  • Barb Gifford

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 49,477 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Printing from new site smoses9239 12 15,526 07-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: smoses9239
  Curriculum site issue; Menus in Header Mscott07 9 11,881 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Problems with Quick edit button Cargeek 11 13,759 12-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Jenna Dilts
  Sidebars on site don't want to show in Safari Te-ge 0 1,725 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Te-ge
Shocked Site not found error?? Mommychickadee 10 11,046 08-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ARB
  Tapatalk problems? Phyllis 1 2,912 07-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Signature Problems Catherine 2 3,966 06-23-2015, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Catherine
  Update Link on AO Site Map trinitydaks 2 3,566 03-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Last Post: speedorwinska
  Searching the Forum Dawn Rhymer 0 1,645 03-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Dawn Rhymer