We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(03-29-2023, 12:37 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Actually, Jungle Pilot and God's Smuggler used to be in free reading in an earlier year, so some may have read them.

Also, The Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer was scheduled in year 11, so that one was just moved. I have someone reading that now. Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate them. It's helpful when making scheduling decisions. I appreciate the note that the Ken Ham book is a very different book. For those of us in the middle of our HS years but still with kids coming up these details are helpful in understanding what we might like to buy and understanding that a book is different or more current is quite helpful for those who already own all the old titles and are making decisions on what needs to be purchased.
Mom to dd14 (y9), dd12 (y7), dd 10 (y4), dd8 (y2/3), ds6 (y0/1), ds4 & dd4. Learning to homeschool with busy twins ;) ...loving AO!
The following 8 users Like Cameron's post:
  • Audreygilligan, CrazyMama, dcil2479, Donna-Jean, Heatherml, jwillis4mo, Lizzie Smith, verkom
(03-29-2023, 03:50 PM)HannahA Wrote: I am so excited to see And the Word Came with Power on the new list!!! Not that I am excited to see any of the old books go....

The author of this book came to our church and our girls were so excited to meet her, having read her book. Her partner at the beginning is a member of our church. It's a wonderful story!
Mom to dd14 (y9), dd12 (y7), dd 10 (y4), dd8 (y2/3), ds6 (y0/1), ds4 & dd4. Learning to homeschool with busy twins ;) ...loving AO!
The following 5 users Like Cameron's post:
  • AnneWhite, CrazyMama, Donna-Jean, lklivingston, Subversive Gardener
The previous booklists and schedules are still on the website. You can find the link on the new booklists below the big Key section. (On the old booklist, look in that same place to find the link to the old schedules.) Those will be available until June 2024.

On the forum, the old charts for each of these years are now available in the Resources > Links and Downloads area. Those will stay even after the copies on the website are gone.
https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...?tid=51329
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(03-29-2023, 11:03 PM)Cameron Wrote: The author of this book came to our church and our girls were so excited to meet her, having read her book. Her partner at the beginning is a member of our church. It's a wonderful story!

I know! I read it to my boys when they were around 9 and 11. It was such a powerful story, as the title indicates! I personally hadn't read much in the way of Asian missionary stories, so really enjoyed it myself. Fuel for the fire of worshipping our awesome God!
Second generation homeschooler. Grateful to my Father for the privilege of educating my children at home. Thankful for his longsuffering when homeschooling sneaks up onto the pedestal to become my idol.
The following 4 users Like HannahA's post:
  • AnneWhite, Cameron, Donna-Jean, Subversive Gardener
God's Smuggler had been a free read in year 5.
Julie
daughter in year 9
(twin) sons year 5, daughter year 2
Hi there!  I’m having the hardest time finding the old schedules.  I found the booklist!  But I can’t find the schedules.  Can someone help us out please?  I have three kids the changes are impacting and we use the website weekly schedules almost word for word and now am lost!  Thank you!!
(03-30-2023, 05:00 PM)hgray Wrote: Hi there!  I’m having the hardest time finding the old schedules.  I found the booklist!  But I can’t find the schedules.  Can someone help us out please?  I have three kids in form 3 and we use the schedules almost word for word and now am lost!  Thank you!!

Here you go, they’re on the forum forever.

https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...?tid=51329
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • Subversive Gardener
Thank you!! Do you know if the website layout with pages listed etc is still on an old webpage? The big matrix is great but we used the website week schedule layout and highlighted through the list as we used it.
(03-30-2023, 05:12 PM)hgray Wrote: Thank you!! Do you know if the website layout with pages listed etc is still on an old webpage? The big matrix is great but we used the website week schedule layout and highlighted through the list as we used it.
Go to the old booklist page.
Scroll down to just below the key.
Look to the end of the text that explains these changes. The link to the old schedule is there.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
I was excited to see Leslie mention that Universe Next Door was added to year 9 (I had already added it). I'm not actually seeing it on the new y9 booklist, under either category. Is the website still being updated, or did that book end up getting cut?
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (11 - year 5), Gareth (9 - year 2), and Sunny (7- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,435 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 863,750 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 189,660 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 271,135 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,176 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,268 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis