We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(03-29-2023, 02:07 AM)Cameron Wrote: Thank you for all of the hard work you put into cultivating this curriculum. It has blessed our family beyond measure. As I've examined the new changes, I see many free reads moved to a scheduled book, many books moved up or down a year, others that were read in their entirety and are now read in part, some new missionary stories (yay!), and some formerly scheduled books that are now in the optional category. My question is about the devotional books that seem to be dropped altogether. I no longer see the following books in any form (ie as a free read, scheduled or moved)

* The Pursuit of God (Tozer)
*A Ready Defense (McDowell)
*Desiring God (Piper)
*Evidence That Demands a Verdict ( McDowell)
*The God Who is There (Schaeffer)
*Knowing God (Packer)
*The Attributes of God (Pink)
*The Holiness of God (Sproul)
*The Mind of the Maker (Sayers)
* The Pleasures of God ( Piper)

I would love to understand a bit more of why all these books, which are considered classics, are no longer being scheduled or offered even as options? 
I absolutely love the addition of missionary biographies and I understand you have to cut some books as you add others. I understand worldview options being dropped as more relevant books become available.  My sincere question is to understand the move away from all of the titles listed above. We adore AO and look forward to the new additions, but my heart does hurt a bit thinking of all these lovely books no longer having a place in the curriculum. I would love to understand more about the dropping of these books if that's something you can share. Thank you and again we are very thankful for this curriculum and your work in putting it together and maintaining it.

I too would like to understand why these were dropped in order to decide if I want to make these changes to our schedule or stick with the old schedule or find other book suggestions that are modern yet fit with our family’s convictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - by View Crest Life - 03-29-2023, 04:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,671 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 873,838 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 192,080 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 274,040 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,815 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,651 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis