We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(03-29-2023, 06:00 AM)Audreygilligan Wrote: I hope those of us genuinely asking questions to help us understand the reasoning we don’t see behind the book changes aren’t coming across as those who wish to stand on the back porch and pitch a fit about why we don’t like the new books chosen. 

For me personally, I was just curious as to the reason for removing them entirely. I’ve read JHP’s Holiness of God and while I haven’t read the removed Attributes of God, I can infer from JHP’s book content and the Attributes title that the reason is the content covered is very similar but with examples from the modern era to help readers better understand that attribute/aspect of God’s character. I understand a complete substitution in that case because the topic is not being removed, just shifted. I just wondered if the rationale behind the removal of books from the list entirely was along similar lines or not. I wasn’t complaining or intending to question the Advisory’s motives or process, just wanting to understand. 

If I want to re-create grandma’s Turkey, I’d love to know how she cooked it. I want instructions along with ingredients. ;)

I think your questions are great. I think it is fine to ask and the community encourages asking questions. There are always some people that ask with a very entitled tone. I do not think you did that. I am looking forward to hearing the why behind a lot of the changes, I think it often the judgement and lack of thank you and answer me right now or else kind of sound that very similar questions are mixed with. I think the above response was more trying to share the sentiment in general that the attitude often does not take into account that the AO advisory and auxiliary just finished a long project with a lot of hours of reading and discussing and then the community asks them to say a lot of "why's" Asking the questions is fine. You had a great tone and were grateful for all the work that just got finished. There are no comments in this thread that are disrespectful, but there are other areas where disrespect has been thrown, and that has some of us on edge, at least that is how I view this.
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! - by CrazyMama - 03-29-2023, 06:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,671 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 873,765 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 192,048 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 274,021 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,812 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,648 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis