We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(03-31-2023, 02:57 AM)carpeaeternitatem Wrote: I was excited to see Leslie mention that Universe Next Door was added to year 9 (I had already added it).  I'm not actually seeing it on the new y9 booklist, under either category.  Is the website still being updated, or did that book end up getting cut?

It was overlooked. Somehow, when updating all the various booklist pages, it got missed. Thank you; it's fixed now!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • carpeaeternitatem
I'm just going to say again that I'm so excited about all the new books! I think a lot of the previous books did strike me as dated, though still valuable. But it was harder for me to get excited about them. But I am swooning over the new booklists and so excited to get to the upper years!!!
Cobbling together a CM-friendly curriculum in Chinese for our Chinese/American family, 
While leaning heavily on the expertise and generosity of the AO community. 
The following 1 user Likes Lossy's post:
  • LeslieNoelani
(03-30-2023, 09:50 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Go to the old booklist page.
Scroll down to just below the key.
Look to the end of the text that explains these changes. The link to the old schedule is there.

You are AMAZING!!!  Thank you so so SO wonderfully much.  I am overseas right now  (opposite time zone from you!!) and I think was pretty tired when I was trying to find the links under the key.  Up and awake this morning and SO excited to find the old schedule so we can wrap up our year nice and easy.  Thank you so much for popping in and helping me out!!!  AND for all the love and hard work you pour into creating the most fabulous education for our children.  I am graduating two this year, one in Y12 and the other is stopping in Y10 so he can go to college with his sister and we have been with you from the beginning and almost pure AO (he plans on doing the other years too, lol, because as he says, learning is life long and I will do Y11 and Y12 in my freetime).  The kids are THRIVING and we are so blessed by how the Holy Spirit has moved you to create and share an amazing education.  If anyone wants to PM me about how all 12 years of AO looked, how to get scholarships, get into college, transcripts, AP tests, SAT/ACT, anything at all, please send me a message!!   Thank you Kathy!!!
The following 11 users Like hgray's post:
  • COMama, CrazyMama, DawnE, emcclellan, Jeff's Jessie, laurens, Lossy, mamabmw, Primeperiwinkle, verkom, Zoo Keeper
Announcements/We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Oh good! I'm glad you were able to find the link. What great news about your children!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(03-31-2023, 10:36 AM)hgray Wrote: If anyone wants to PM me about how all 12 years of AO looked, how to get scholarships, get into college, transcripts, AP tests, SAT/ACT, anything at all, please send me a message!!   Thank you Kathy!!!

PM coming your way, if only for sympathy. AO I understand, but college applications are doing me in! We also have two headed out; similar story, they want to go to college together. (Pray for us, please, everyone.)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 12)
The following 6 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • emcclellan, JoyH, laurens, Subversive Gardener, Sunflower, verkom
(03-31-2023, 04:30 PM)Phyllis Wrote: PM coming your way, if only for sympathy. AO I understand, but college applications are doing me in! We also have two headed out; similar story, they want to go to college together. (Pray for us, please, everyone.)

Europe or US?

We are taking our 3rd back to the US shortly.  Break my heart. 

If you would like a transcript sample, I can email you ours.
Wife of my Love, Mama to ds22 (AO graduate, in college), Ds20 (AO graduate, in college, married!), dd18 (AO graduate, in college), dd16
The following 1 user Likes JoyH's post:
  • joywalker
(03-29-2023, 12:36 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Year 10
One Race One Blood by Ken Ham and A. Charles Ware (Revised and Updated Edition)
    (This is a very different book from the One Blood book we used to list)

Can anyone familiar with both of these books share what the differences are?
Wife of my Love, Mama to ds22 (AO graduate, in college), Ds20 (AO graduate, in college, married!), dd18 (AO graduate, in college), dd16
The following 2 users Like JoyH's post:
  • busyncmama, tjlcc
(03-31-2023, 05:21 PM)JoyH Wrote: Europe or US?

We are taking our 3rd back to the US shortly.  Break my heart. 

If you would like a transcript sample, I can email you ours.

(We're going off topic here. :) Europe. I have transcripts, a diploma, etc. Of course the college wants everything done differently than what we have.)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 12)
(03-31-2023, 05:28 PM)JoyH Wrote: Can anyone familiar with both of these books share what the differences are?

The old book was written pretty much by Ken Ham, looked unprofessional with cartoon images, and just wasn't all that engaging. The new book has Ken Ham's material rearranged, another author who added chapters, and the whole thing reads more smoothly. Ken Ham wrote about how all people were made as one race of humans by God, but the new book not only says that, but says why that matters. In the past, I skipped the book because it said what seemed obvious to me, but I wouldn't skip the new edition.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 9 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Cameron, emcclellan, JoyH, lklivingston, LovieWie, tjlcc, verkom, Wndwmn, Zoo Keeper
(That obvious stuff in the old book was actually helpful here just because it let me talk to the kids about why some people needed to hear that. We didn't need to hear it, but we did need to talk about the fact that some people didn't think that.)
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 8 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • carpeaeternitatem, COMama, jwillis4mo, Lizzie Smith, MaggieAnnie, verkom, Wndwmn, Zoo Keeper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,555 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 869,576 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 191,023 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 272,736 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,521 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,470 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis