Question on Y1 and Y3 bookmarks
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Question on Y1 and Y3 bookmarks
Hi there. I was printing bookmarks that were linked to in this thread. In looking at them, the CHOW and the Bible bookmarks have errors. Actually--several others do as well--including the Y1 Bible bookmarks. Black bars show up instead of text. This is such a fabulous idea, and I wish I could print all of them--especially the ones with the Bible texts. Is there another version of these somewhere? The link to the google doc file views correctly, but when you try to download or print, it no longer looks correct--the black bars appear. Is there a link to corrected pdf files anywhere?

Thanks!
Michelle
Enjoying life with DH, DD age 10, DS age 7, and DS age 2.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Question on Y1 and Y3 bookmarks
(06-10-2014, 02:32 PM)Learning with my little ones! Wrote: Hi there. I was printing bookmarks that were linked to in this thread. In looking at them, the CHOW and the Bible bookmarks have errors. Actually--several others do as well--including the Y1 Bible bookmarks. Black bars show up instead of text. This is such a fabulous idea, and I wish I could print all of them--especially the ones with the Bible texts. Is there another version of these somewhere? The link to the google doc file views correctly, but when you try to download or print, it no longer looks correct--the black bars appear. Is there a link to corrected pdf files anywhere?

Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

Those were not created by the Advisory or Auxiliary. They were created by Moms here on the forum and I believe they update them. I say this because any changes on them would come from the creators.

That said, I just re-downloaded them to have a look and they are just fine on my screen. Are you opening them in your browser or Adobe (or other PDF reader like Foxit) separate from your browser?
Hmmm.... It looks fine in my browser, but when I download or open with Adobe, it doesn't download properly or print correctly. I might have my hubby try from work, on a different computer. It is not all the bookmarks--just about a third of them.
Michelle
Michelle, I didn't create those ones, but I just updated and printed my Bible book arks out. If you PM me your email, I'll be happy to send you my files.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Thanks so much. Sarah, I will PM you now.
Michelle
Michelle,

Did having Sarah email you the files resolve the problem? I just printed out both sets of Year 1's bookmarks with no errors. I have a couple of suggestions for you if you are still having problems.
I just printed these out and they printed fine for me. Just wanted to let you know. :)
Karen :)
The following 1 user Likes SimplyKaren's post:
  • MelisaH
OK. I was viewing them on my Mac, in Preview, and apparently it was some sort of a font issue. I emailed the pdf file to my hubby, and he printed them just fine. Sarah, thanks for your Bible book marks as well. I appreciate them!
Michelle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,352 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Not sure where to post: Raspberry Pi tech question taratf 6 7,811 07-15-2017, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Bookmarks or Saving Links? etihwnyrhtak 1 3,132 09-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: laurke
  Forum typing question CrazyMama 6 8,226 04-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: hadmason
  Really STUPID and POINTLESS question... redhed 4 5,452 01-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Last Post: laurke
  "favorite" thread bookmarks?? jbg1131 7 9,088 07-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Last Post: jbg1131
  Exam question and mistake Kristin 9 11,500 09-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Bookmarks? Jane Fettig 2 3,920 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM