We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(03-31-2023, 11:30 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: The old book was written pretty much by Ken Ham, looked unprofessional with cartoon images, and just wasn't all that engaging. The new book has Ken Ham's material rearranged, another author who added chapters, and the whole thing reads more smoothly. Ken Ham wrote about how all people were made as one race of humans by God, but the new book not only says that, but says why that matters. In the past, I skipped the book because it said what seemed obvious to me, but I wouldn't skip the new edition.

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/boo...one-blood/

Ok, maybe that is why I was always a little unsure if I had the right book. We used this one, free on their website, and it looks like the new one you are recommending.

Thanks for your reply.
Wife of my Love, Mama to ds22 (AO graduate, in college), Ds20 (AO graduate, in college, married!), dd18 (AO graduate, in college), dd16
The following 2 users Like JoyH's post:
  • Carol Gomez, Zoo Keeper
Yes, you want the one co-authored with Charles Ware.

I didn't know it was on their website! I'll add that link to the webpage.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 4 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • JoyH, Lani, NorthLaurel, Zoo Keeper
(04-01-2023, 01:09 AM)JoyH Wrote: https://answersingenesis.org/answers/boo...one-blood/

Ok, maybe that is why I was always a little unsure if I had the right book. We used this one, free on their website, and it looks like the new one you are recommending.

An Editor's Note on the webpage linked above^ also points out that the revised edition of One Race One Blood was also previously published by Master Books as Darwin's Plantation.  Same book, different title. :) 

I pulled my copy of Darwin's Plantation off the shelf just now, and the content is indeed the same as the revised One Race One Blood linked the AiG site.
Zoo Keeper

The following 1 user Likes Zoo Keeper's post:
  • AnneWhite
(04-01-2023, 05:53 AM)Zoo Keeper Wrote: An Editor's Note on the webpage linked above^ also points out that the revised edition of One Race One Blood was also previously published by Master Books as Darwin's Plantation.  Same book, different title. :) 

I pulled my copy of Darwin's Plantation of the shelf just now, and the content is indeed the same as the revised One Race One Blood linked the AiG site.

I'm glad they include all the appendices in chapter 9 - very thought-provoking material!
Honored to be an Advisory Member. Mom to 4 (all grown), Mom-Mom to 5 (2 that I homeschool). 
God is safe to trust!  http://www.safetotrust.blogspot.com
The following 2 users Like Donna-Jean's post:
  • AnneWhite, Zoo Keeper
[quote pid="1239475" dateline="1680057397"]

Citizenship

Year 10
One Race One Blood by Ken Ham and A. Charles Ware (Revised and Updated Edition)
    (This is a very different book from the One Blood book we used to list)

Thank you for mentioning that it is a very, different book.  I've graduated 3 with my next kiddo currently in YR 6/7, so it's been awhile since I've even seen this book.  I just thought it was a different title, but now I know to purchase it.

[/quote]
Jennifer in  Mo- Mom to 3 graduates, 13 Yr old, and a 6yr old
(04-01-2023, 05:53 AM)Zoo Keeper Wrote: An Editor's Note on the webpage linked above^ also points out that the revised edition of One Race One Blood was also previously published by Master Books as Darwin's Plantation.  Same book, different title. :) 

I pulled my copy of Darwin's Plantation off the shelf just now, and the content is indeed the same as the revised One Race One Blood linked the AiG site.

Thank you.  I thought the title looked familiar.  I've been perusing my shelves attempting to prepare for YR 8 and thought I'd seen that title.  Not many titles with Darwin in them at my house.  It was there and best part, I'd picked it up somewhere on clearance.
Jennifer in  Mo- Mom to 3 graduates, 13 Yr old, and a 6yr old
The following 1 user Likes jwillis4mo's post:
  • Zoo Keeper
(03-31-2023, 10:36 AM)hgray Wrote: You are AMAZING!!!  Thank you so so SO wonderfully much.  I am overseas right now  (opposite time zone from you!!) and I think was pretty tired when I was trying to find the links under the key.  Up and awake this morning and SO excited to find the old schedule so we can wrap up our year nice and easy.  Thank you so much for popping in and helping me out!!!  AND for all the love and hard work you pour into creating the most fabulous education for our children.  I am graduating two this year, one in Y12 and the other is stopping in Y10 so he can go to college with his sister and we have been with you from the beginning and almost pure AO (he plans on doing the other years too, lol, because as he says, learning is life long and I will do Y11 and Y12 in my freetime).  The kids are THRIVING and we are so blessed by how the Holy Spirit has moved you to create and share an amazing education.  If anyone wants to PM me about how all 12 years of AO looked, how to get scholarships, get into college, transcripts, AP tests, SAT/ACT, anything at all, please send me a message!!   Thank you Kathy!!!

I tried to take you up on the offer as college is looming for us, but you have PM disabled. :-( I can't tell you how to allow PM, but someone else can if you're interested.
Living and learning in Southern Thailand with Mae (16 yo, Y11), ReeRee (14 yo, Y9), June (12 yo, Y7), Oen (10 yo, Y5), Calla (7 yo, Y1), Zωή (from womb to heaven Dec 2020), Jotham (1 yo)
(04-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Aster Wrote: I tried to take you up on the offer as college is looming for us, but you have PM disabled. :-( I can't tell you how to allow PM, but someone else can if you're interested.

Oh, I could send her a PM because I'm an admin, so I didn't even notice. Hopefully she'll see this and my already-sent PM. She can turn PMs on in User Cp>Edit Options.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 12)
Regarding the books that were not just shuffled but dropped from the booklists, would it be possible to list them as alternates or to footnote them as options? Maybe they can be set up like the history options:

Option One:
* Holier Than Thou: How God's Holiness Helps Us Trust Him by Jackie Hill Perry
Option Two:
* The Holiness of God by R. C. Sproul

Or simply:

* Holier Than Thou: How God's Holiness Helps Us Trust Him by Jackie Hill Perry (preferred)
* The Holiness of God by R. C. Sproul (alternate)

I ask with the future generations on my heart. Most of my own children have already been blessed by the efforts they made with Sproul, Pink, Packer, and some of the others who have been removed. 
Leslie + 4 in Chattanooga, Tennessee
began AO0 in 2006
The following 5 users Like lesliegid's post:
  • Cameron, HeatherElle, JoyH, Mariel, renew
I know the old schedules are available here, but is it possible to have them linked in a way that makes them all available in one place for people who already bought books years ahead, have already purchased OOP books, who actually *want* “dated” books, etc.?
public school teacher & homeschool mom
IG: @marielhowsepian
DD 12 (Y7)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,551 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 869,454 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 191,003 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 272,684 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,512 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,463 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis