We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
Announcements/RE: We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(04-13-2023, 12:31 PM)Rmschmitt Wrote: Are these changes reflected in the “doing upper years in 5 years” sections as well?
Yes.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Announcements/We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12!
(04-13-2023, 12:13 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Yes, it was removed, but evidently I forgot to remove the line from the chart schedule.  I've removed it now!  Thanks for mentioning that.

Just curious as to the reasoning why this book was moved. Was it moved to a different year or just taken off?
Seems like a wonderful book to come off the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-31-2023, 10:36 AM)hgray Wrote: If anyone wants to PM me about how all 12 years of AO looked, how to get scholarships, get into college, transcripts, AP tests, SAT/ACT, anything at all, please send me a message!!

(04-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Aster Wrote: I tried to take you up on the offer as college is looming for us, but you have PM disabled. :-( I can't tell you how to allow PM, but someone else can if you're interested.

(04-01-2023, 08:05 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Oh, I could send her a PM because I'm an admin, so I didn't even notice. Hopefully she'll see this and my already-sent PM. She can turn PMs on in User Cp>Edit Options.

Hgray, did you see all of this? I thought I'd bump it back up again. I'll try to send you an email, too, with my special admin privileges. :)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 12)
(04-22-2023, 09:01 AM)marianelson Wrote: Just curious as to the reasoning why this book was moved. Was it moved to a different year or just taken off?
Seems like a wonderful book to come off the list.

I’m curious why it was removed as well.

Melissa
Central TX ~ Homeschooling my two boys ~ AO Yr 9 and Yr 5
The Problem of Pain was always a back-up book, one to use if the main book had already been read. I wasn't part of the discussions about which books to keep, but I can speculate. :-) This is an excellent book, but it's not one that should displace any of the books that are currently on the schedule. Also, I think most students would appreciate this book more at an older age, in my opinion.

I am really looking forward to using the new schedule. I was already paring down the old one. The addition of the biographies was something I hadn't expected but am excited about. Missionary biographies helped me so much as a young person, and I see that they could be important for my kids as well.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 6 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • AnneWhite, EmilyT, jennyp0208, Mscott07, Subversive Gardener, verkom
Confirming what Kathy said. It's okay to have some C.S. Lewis left to discover after high school. I am only now starting to understand Till We Have Faces, in my fifties.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
The following 6 users Like AnneWhite's post:
  • HaRae, lklivingston, Mscott07, Primeperiwinkle, tjlcc, verkom
Can we please, oh please, please, please make web pages stay of the older versions? Like …maybe go through delete every current/updates recommendations and just leave ONLY to older recommendations right where they are under their assigned subjects the pages could be labeled as “possible substitutes from previous recommendations” pages.

Those older version recommendations are so, so vital as possible choices, if one book or another on the current recommendation doesn’t work for a particular family’s situation, or have already been read another time, it would be extremely helpful to be able to click a link to check the older recommendations for already possible substitution. It seems like it wouldn’t be to terribly difficult since there is already changes on “old recommendations” pages to just go through and delete anything still current and leave the rest.

My heart is greatly sadden that this information will only be available through the end of 2023 school year. I do plan on going through and cutting and pasting information to a word documents to save for all 12 years, as I still have several going through, but I’m almost certain I am not the only one that feels a great loss at such a value resource of books, for veteran AO users just going away.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. My family and I have benefited so greatly from this curriculum and all your sacrifices and efforts. You all have truly changed our lives.

Julie
Wife to my best friend and momma to six![Heart <3]
The following 2 users Like Jaam1224's post:
  • JoyH, Laura in Ontario
(04-13-2023, 01:45 AM)lklivingston Wrote: The old charts are also available here on the forum in the Resources area. Those will stay permanently.

Oh oh oh! I just saw this!!! Yipppeeee… I haven’t been here that much and just saw this as the plan. I am beyond thrilled! .

Now to find the “Resources area”.

Julie
Wife to my best friend and momma to six![Heart <3]
The following 1 user Likes Jaam1224's post:
  • Janice
Also, archive.org's Wayback Machine has been archiving copies of all of our pages, so you should be able to find every iteration of AO since 2003 there. Just type the webpage url into the box and it will show "page captures" from every few months since they started saving copies of our page.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Josie, Subversive Gardener, Zoo Keeper
(07-15-2023, 06:26 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Also, archive.org's Wayback Machine has been archiving copies of all of our pages, so you should be able to find every iteration of AO since 2003 there. Just type the webpage url into the box and it will show "page captures" from every few months since they started saving copies of our page.

Thanks for the reminder. That'll be fun to scroll through. Now if I could only find the April Fool's pages that Admin put up with the Music selections (Guns n Roses, et al.) not too long ago. That was a highlight of our homeschool journey, ha ha! So funny.

God bless. Love you all. Thanks for your rewarding work - it has helped turn some of my roughest teens into intelligent, thinking adults.
The following 8 users Like Josie's post:
  • amerebreath, EmilyT, LeslieNoelani, lklivingston, ShannonS, Subversive Gardener, verkom, Zoo Keeper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,434 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6 LeslieNoelani 72 863,724 09-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Bliss
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 189,659 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 271,130 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,172 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,263 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis