Not being notified by email of responses
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not being notified by email of responses
(02-10-2016, 05:12 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Apparently not, since other emails from the same address reach me. If it's being caught, it's being caught with something other than the sender address. I've checked with my service provider too.

I am confused. Other emails from the forum reach you? I am groggy with a headache coming on, so bear with me.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Not being notified by email of responses
I think Kathy meant that she gets emails sent from the address that the forum sends from (amblesideonlinemoderators@gmail.com). But when I tried to get the forum to send her a test email, which comes from another address, that didn't go through to her either. Also, she gets forum emails when she uses another address to receive them. So, there's a problem between her usual email address and the forum.

Also, this is silly, but my brain can't keep track of details, so I've actually started a list for this. Does it look right so far?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • MelisaH
Good idea! I will test using another address on my same domain. Previously we tested a Yahoo address.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Not being notified by email of responses
Funny, I have been trying to figure out how to unsubscribe from email notifications, since I get the same notifications on Tapatalk! I have the opposite problem.
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
I've unsubscribed to threads and changed the default subscription in my UserCP, Ariana, and that's almost stopped the emails. I did that on purpose, but maybe someone has changed the default without meaning to.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(02-11-2016, 10:02 AM)laurke Wrote: I've unsubscribed to threads and changed the default subscription in my UserCP, Ariana, and that's almost stopped the emails.  I did that on purpose, but maybe someone has changed the default without meaning to.

Interesting...
In case this is helpful... I do receive my subscription emails, but gmail always flags them "this message may not have been sent by amblesideonlinemoderators@gmail.com" (or something to that affect, the warning is removed once I archive the message, so I can't cooy it now).

Perhaps something in the way the email is generated is setting off fraud alarms in email servers and is deleted before it gets to their inbox?
~Beth

Living in Michigan and enjoying our homeschooling journey with a Y0 and Y3.
(02-12-2016, 04:08 AM)Bethanta Wrote: In case this is helpful... I do receive my subscription emails, but gmail always flags them "this message may not have been sent by amblesideonlinemoderators@gmail.com" (or something to that affect, the warning is removed once I archive the message, so I can't cooy it now).

Perhaps something in the way the email is generated is setting off fraud alarms in email servers and is deleted before it gets to their inbox?

This is what I have been assuming all along - that it is something at the email provider's server level. Often times, they have another company provide the filtering, so they may not even know that there is an issue even when they have checked.

And, if Gmail is flagging other Gmails, that gives me some food for thought. Off to do some other research.

Thanks for that bit - it is truly helpful and another piece in the puzzle!
I wonder if the header info doesn't match because it isn't really coming from gmail.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(02-12-2016, 07:45 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I wonder if the header info doesn't match because it isn't really coming from gmail.

That is what I am wondering. I don't have time to look at it just yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update your Email lklivingston 0 1,787 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,878 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike
  Issues with "New Members Email" emails SimmerMom 9 12,366 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM
  Disable email notification? EngliscMum 2 3,768 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: EngliscMum
  instant email notification not working robeliken 6 7,714 11-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Celeste
  Suggestions for email support broccolimama 1 2,817 08-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Can I email forums or threads? islavet 10 12,652 08-26-2012, 09:24 PM
  tracking responses to your responses Annette W. 8 10,045 08-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae
  eMail Alerts Christo et Doctrinae 0 1,567 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Christo et Doctrinae
  links back to threads in email not working today? Lani 11 15,399 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: NaomiG