Suggesting a new sub-forum
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum
(08-03-2012, 05:37 AM)suzukimom Wrote: I don't see it in the groups on my usercp page....

Try again - I created the group without really knowing what I was doing, and I think I missed a setting. I think I fixed it.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Leslie, is it now listed in whatever place we're listing the hidden groups? Where is that place, anyway?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Shhh. Can't tell you, Kathy. It's a secret.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
bggagne Wrote:(Are you expecting, Kathy????)

No. But my last two babies came after I was 35, which is when "advanced maternal age" kicks in. Interestingly, after my last miscarriage my ob was all reassuring about how young I still was and how many moms still have kids at my age, so you're right about it being all in the perspective.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
it's listed under Private Groups, along with Gifted Children and Adoptive Parents. It should show under the UserCP with Groups. Is it still not showing?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
It's there. I created a test account and logged in as a brand new user, and was able to request to join it.
I walk with a cane, and when I am in my wheelchair (or transport chair) the kids and I get some practical labwork for studying momentum, speed, rate changes, and friction. I am thankful my chair has a seatbelt. My cane gets used as a pointer, as a shepherd's crook... my daughter will put on a bonnet and use my cane sometimes when she is playing little bo peep. I may check out the other group, but my oldest thinks I am vintage anyway because I was "alive in the 80's". I was born in the 70's, but the fact that I was alive in the eighties continues to blow my son and niece's minds. We also spend a lot of time around older people (even before my electric personality short circuited my nervous system) because they have great stories to tell. Some of my fondest memories are sitting at the table with a glass of lemonade and asking my great-grandmother about her childhood or my grandparents childhood. "Life was like" stories still bring a smile to my face. We used to spend a lot of time at the Assisted Living Center where my grandmother currently lives. The residents and staff love my kids, and what kids don't appreciate a whole group of surrogate grandparents? Sorry about going off topic. I tend to do that sometimes.
Great! I'd love to join as well. I had my one and only child at 35 and I am over 42 for sure as she's 8 now :) can I join please? I'll head over there in a moment.
What a great idea to start this group!
Rosemary

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,075 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,943 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,326 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,392 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,139 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,208 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,975 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,255 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,203 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 49,521 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM