Suggesting a new sub-forum
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum
(08-02-2012, 01:26 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P

I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
LeslieNoelani Wrote:I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)

I resemble that remark!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • bggagne, Lizzie Smith
I'd be all over that. Perimenopause, menopause, the advisability of having a new baby at 40 ++, homeschooling grandchildren (there's some on the list, I seem to remember). Yet we have so many forums, you sure it wouldn't work as a thread somewhere?
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
I would love an older Mom's forum!

I had three kids in three years....I was 36, 37, and 39 when they were born. Now they are teenagers (well, one is almost a teen) and I'm pushing 51.... I'm tired. [:P cheesy, cheesy!]
(08-02-2012, 01:26 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P

Oh man! I hated that when I was pregnant at 40 with my last bio baby! I felt like I should be walking in with a cane, the way they treated me at the OB office.

Ironically, when I had breast cancer at 44, the oncology staff kept telling me how young and strong I was. It's all a matter of perspective. LOL

(Are you expecting, Kathy????)
Gwen in SC
SAHM to Claire (17/Y11), Anna (14/Y6), Audrey (12/Y3), Drew (9/Y2) and Jonas (3/Y0)
I am only 36 now, but with M.S. I have had to change the way I homeschool. If an aged mom forum gets started, can I be the baby in the group when I need encouragement and advice?
You should join the group for moms with health challenges. We just made it private, so that you all can feel freer to discuss there. Go to your UserCP, and look for Group Memberships....
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(08-03-2012, 03:43 AM)bggagne Wrote: Oh man! I hated that when I was pregnant at 40 with my last bio baby! I felt like I should be walking in with a cane, the way they treated me at the OB office.

(Are you expecting, Kathy????)

Hm - my last pregnancy I often WAS walking with a cane....
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
(08-02-2012, 01:38 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I like what another forum calls it: "Vintage Moms." :)

We have a new Private Group for vintage mothers called 42 Moms (no one under 42 is really old, at least not from where I'm standing!) To request access, go to your UserCP, and in the left hand panel, click on Group Memberships and you should see it listed (if you don't, let me know -- it means I did something wrong!) and click "join this group."

If you don't see 42 Moms, look for Forty-two Moms.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
I don't see it in the groups on my usercp page....
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,077 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,948 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,334 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,398 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,145 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,211 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,975 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,257 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,205 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 49,547 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM