I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon
I actually go to User CP first, and click the green arrows to revisit the discussions I'm already involved in. Then if I have more time, I view New Posts. New Posts are the ones that are new since you last checked the forum, not all the ones you have yet to read. So after New Posts, I will check Today's Posts for others that were missed. (All that only happens from the computer. Tapatalk I use differently.)
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • MelisaH
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon
(01-09-2015, 02:22 AM)Phyllis Wrote: You can also use a link like this:
http://amblesideonline.org/forum/search....ily&days=2
and change the number extend the range of what you want. My example would show you yesterday and today. If you want all week, change it to 7, and so on.

Can you sticky this or put it somewhere it's easy to find? I just tried to search it and it wouldn't come up. You'd think I'd remember...
(and now I wonder if it is already stuck in some resource post and I'm just not seeing it!)
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

Dawn, that is because the new posts now are those five. If you want to answer and return to the original list of "new posts" you started with you have to use your "back arrow" on your computer. That is how I do it.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
(02-01-2015, 06:14 AM)NorthLaurel Wrote: Can you sticky this or put it somewhere it's easy to find? I just tried to search it and it wouldn't come up. You'd think I'd remember...
(and now I wonder if it is already stuck in some resource post and I'm just not seeing it!)

Blossom,

For now, I have it stuck in my signature.  It was the best I could think of at the time.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
(02-02-2015, 03:09 AM)Lani Wrote: Dawn,  that is because the new posts now are those five.  If you want to answer and return to the original list of "new posts" you started with you have to use your "back arrow" on your computer.  That is how I do it.

Thank you for this tip.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
(01-09-2015, 02:22 AM)Phyllis Wrote: You can also use a link like this:
http://amblesideonline.org/forum/search....ily&days=2
and change the number extend the range of what you want. My example would show you yesterday and today. If you want all week, change it to 7, and so on.

I have added this to two different sections in Help (upper right) so it will be easy to find.  I'm going to unstick this thread now.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 3,979 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,931 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,787 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 24,258 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,279 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  Moderated Posts lesliegid 10 12,804 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  I Can't See Average Number of Posts Per Day Maysaa 5 6,857 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Reading posts in a given time frame HC... 2 3,938 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: HC...
  find moved posts Friederike 3 4,468 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: MelisaH
  weird thing added to my posts SherryElmer 20 24,793 06-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MelisaH