weird thing added to my posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: weird thing added to my posts
I am having this problem again, but I do not have a Pinterest button on my browser. Does anyone know how I can make it go away? I'm using Firefox if it makes a difference.

ETA. I guess I do have it. It shows up on the "customize" section, but I am not computer savvy enough to know how to get rid of it. :-(
Misty married to one not-so-average Joe.

especially blessed w/ 5 boys and 2 girls. b 5/07, b 2/12, b 2/15, b 2/15, Princess 5/09, and Little LaLa 4/18, and my Minnow b 3/21
Is it in your addons? If so, it should be easy to remove there. Feel free to let Pinterest know that there is this conflict between the coding in their button and the MyBb forum. The more people who tell them, the more likely they are to take it seriously and look into it since MyBb says it isn't them.

(Sent from my K-Fire via Tapatalk)
(06-17-2015, 12:35 AM)MelisaH Wrote: Is it in your addons? If so, it should be easy to remove there. Feel free to let Pinterest know that there is this conflict between the coding in their button and the MyBb forum. The more people who tell them, the more likely they are to take it seriously and look into it since MyBb says it isn't them.

Melisa, I will tell pinterest. It is in the "Additional Tools and Features Section". I am new to Firefox though and haven't figured out how to remove it. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'd be more than happy to get rid of the button.

especially blessed w/ 5 boys and 2 girls. b 5/07, b 2/12, b 2/15, b 2/15, Princess 5/09, and Little LaLa 4/18, and my Minnow b 3/21
(06-17-2015, 01:20 AM)Peacefully Buzzing Wrote: Melisa, I will tell pinterest. It is in the "Additional Tools and Features Section". I am new to Firefox though and haven't figured out how to remove it. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'd be more than happy to get rid of the button.

Is this on your device or computer?
My computer. and I blew it, because pinterest came back and asked for a link to MyBb Forum and a) I didn't see it in time. and b) I don't that I would have known how to give them a link since our forum isn't open to the public.

Believe it or not, it happens on the forums on the Mybb site itself! I will try reporting it again myself. I will give them our link and that of Mybb as well. Hmmmm, someone recently had the pinterest thingy show up the last couple of days. I might go look for it and see if it is something we could put in the public bit of the forum (Welcome Center)...

When I tried to find out more about this at some point, I saw that it's not just MyBB. Other kinds of forums and sites have it happen, too.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 1 user Likes Phyllis's post:
  • MelisaH
Sherry & Misty,

Can you tell me what browser you are using? Is it safe to assume this is happening on a regular computer, not a device?
Mine does it, only on the desktop, where I use Firefox (not on the iPad, which I think uses IE). It doesn't show in my posts, because I alway edit and delete. It is annoying enough that I rare use the desktop to check the forums now.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Firefox on my computer.

It isn't showing now because, I believe (but could be wrong), I removed the button.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 4,189 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 15,565 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 8,125 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 25,201 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,663 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon Kelly Cumbee 15 20,849 09-11-2021, 04:54 AM
  Moderated Posts lesliegid 10 13,291 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  I Can't See Average Number of Posts Per Day Maysaa 5 7,117 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
  Reading posts in a given time frame HC... 2 4,090 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: HC...
  find moved posts Friederike 3 4,629 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: MelisaH