Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
(01-03-2023, 10:08 AM)COMama Wrote: My teen joined the forum, and when she did, I started getting AAAALLLLLL the teen notifications. I understand the reasons why, but those monkeys are chatty! It's getting overwhelming to sort through. Is there any way to turn off teen notifications in my feed?

I was asking in A/A forum about how to "hide" teens from the View Today's Posts/ View New Posts as I can't see any of the actual applicable posts.  LOL
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
(01-03-2023, 10:56 AM)lklivingston Wrote: You mean to stop seeing them in the list of current messages?

Yes, so I would only see adult messages, not the teens
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Not without losing your access to view the messages in the teen area altogether.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Okay. Thanks. :)
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
I was really bothered by this too when David first joined, but over time I have learned the kids usernames and most of the thread titles that they use, and can skim past them when I’m using Tapatalk. It has been nice to read some of the threads periodically to see what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 2 users Like MaryFrances's post:
  • lklivingston, Maysaa
On the plus side, they rarely create new threads, so the titles do become familiar.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(01-05-2023, 07:05 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I think that's actually a separate issue.  Look in your settings in UserCP.  I think there's a place where you set your default subscription options.  I'll look too and see if that's something I can change for you.

(01-05-2023, 07:07 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I think I fixed your subscription problem.  Let me know if you still see it happening.

(01-05-2023, 07:08 AM)lklivingston Wrote: You may have to go unsubscribe from threads you've been subscribed to, though.
It’s all fixed thanks! [cheesy grin]
Friendly Neighborhood Bookaholic and Alison Krauss Aficionado
Also I’m very crunchy  ;) Check out my website!
(01-06-2023, 05:45 AM)avidpenwoman Wrote: It’s all fixed thanks! [cheesy grin]
Great!
Kathy 
I "solved" the issue of the teen forum posts by sorting the columns by Forum. First I choose "View New Posts" then I click on the "Forum" column in the search results. That groups all of the "AO Teens:" together.
Whitney
DH (37 years), Ivy 17yo dd in Y12, and two grown daughters
The following 3 users Like cobweb's post:
  • COMama, lklivingston, MichelleChoe
(01-10-2023, 09:04 PM)cobweb Wrote: I "solved" the issue of the teen forum posts by sorting the columns by Forum. First I choose "View New Posts" then I click on the "Forum" column in the search results. That groups all of the "AO Teens:" together.

Can you explain more about the "Forum" column? I'm not seeing that after I choose the "view new posts."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have a TEEN, please read Phyllis 1 6,055 04-18-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,389 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,135 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't access the teen forums anymore unavalible_username 20 23,775 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,207 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Notifications not working Sandy O 9 10,962 03-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,201 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  HOW TO: Turn on PMs Phyllis 13 16,967 08-19-2021, 11:09 PM
Last Post: nachokaty
  turning off teen forum ... MaggieAnnie 4 6,336 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: MaggieAnnie
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,601 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike