Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
(01-27-2023, 02:50 AM)etihwnyrhtak Wrote: Can you explain more about the "Forum" column? I'm not seeing that after I choose the "view new posts."
In a browser or in Tapatalk?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • etihwnyrhtak
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
When you select "Today's Posts" you can then click the header that arranges threads by Forum. I had no idea you could do that! I'm not on Tapatalk, just in a browser.

You can arrange by Thread/Author, Forum, Replies, Views, Last Post

I think Last Post is the default, what we usually see.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • COMama, etihwnyrhtak

"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • etihwnyrhtak
(01-28-2023, 03:19 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: When you select "Today's Posts" you can then click the header that arranges threads by Forum. I had no idea you could do that! I'm not on Tapatalk, just in a browser.

You can arrange by Thread/Author, Forum, Replies, Views, Last Post

I think Last Post is the default, what we usually see.

I'm in the browser too. The picture was really helpful. Thanks! Sorting like that makes it so much easier to skim past.
(01-10-2023, 09:04 PM)cobweb Wrote: I "solved" the issue of the teen forum posts by sorting the columns by Forum. First I choose "View New Posts" then I click on the "Forum" column in the search results. That groups all of the "AO Teens:" together.

Whitney, YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!!!
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
What would be really cool is if someone powerful renamed the AO teen
Forums as

zAO Teen

Then, they’d always be on the last page.

Please I’m begging you. They talk so much. So. So. Much. I’m way more like a teenager than I’m comfortable with. Oy.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys who are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
Now I’m picturing someone with a really bad accent pointing and announcing, “Behold, zee AO Teens!” [cheesy grin]
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The amount of posting over there is really impressive. I will never catch up with their post counts.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(03-31-2023, 06:20 AM)lklivingston Wrote: The amount of posting over there is really impressive.  I will never catch up with their post counts.

So I’m the person who HAS to clear all my counters and my email and my texts and basically anything unread. I’m kinda maniacal about it.

So everyday I click down through all the unread threads on .. everything.

But the freaking teens pop back up five seconds later! They broke me. I can’t even look anymore. Basically I just scan the top five threads and then turn away shaking my head.

For all the ppl who wonder “where do all the older moms go?”

We’re still here. We’re just buried under THREE pAges of “Type in the next word to this song” 1368 responses “are you online? Type yes if you are” - 3,522 responses “My New Art, Not including My Old Art” 22,286,234 responses.

I can’t.. I just.. it’s ow. I’m .. yea no. Bless their hearts. May the Lord strengthen us all. Oof!
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys who are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is there a way to turn off teen notifications?
Evidently a teen saw ^ and it has now been quoted on the teen side and mine are amused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have a TEEN, please read Phyllis 1 6,054 04-18-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,388 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,135 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  I can't access the teen forums anymore unavalible_username 20 23,768 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Barb Gifford
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,205 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Notifications not working Sandy O 9 10,960 03-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,200 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  HOW TO: Turn on PMs Phyllis 13 16,965 08-19-2021, 11:09 PM
Last Post: nachokaty
  turning off teen forum ... MaggieAnnie 4 6,331 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: MaggieAnnie
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,594 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike