1. Write about meekness.
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell about of the Holy Graal.
2. In your own words, tell one story from Chaucer's Canturbury Tales.
3. "Athelstane, arrayed in the garments of the grave, stood before them, pale, haggard . . ." Tell the story.
1. Write a sentence using three adverbs.
2. Write a sentence using a possessive pronoun.
3. Choose "is" or "are." The yellowed book with hundreds of pages __ faded beyond recognition.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: The herald communicated the words of the Grand Master to Rebecca, who bowed her head submissively, folded her arms, and, looking up towards heaven, seemed to expect that aid from above which she could scarce promise herself from man.
1. Tell all you know about Richard Coeur de Lion.
2. Give some account of Thomas a Becket.
3. Tell all you know about the Magna Carta.
4. Tell about Simon de Montfort.
5. What happened at Bannockburn?
1. What are floes?
2. Describe Newfoundland.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain something you know about grey locusts.
4.Give an account of Copernicus.
5. Discuss Einstein's Theory of Relativity, or Explain the Conservation of Mass/Energy, or tell 3 things you learned about electricity.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page
2. "Imagination must not make pictures of self," or "We are not allowed to choose our lives." Explain one of these.
3. "Reason has no right to speak the last word on most subjects." Why not?
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If x - 5 = -30, what is x?
2. Write "eight less than the square of a number, x" as a mathematical equation.
3. Cara worked for 12 hours on Saturday. If this was 3 times as long as she worked on Thursday, how many hours did Cara work on Thursday?
4. A baker baked 210 pies in 5 days. How many pies did the baker bake each day?
1. In your foreign language, describe a person in your family.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
|AO is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.|
Copyright © 2002-2020 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.
KEEP AO FREE by respecting our copyrights and License   Header and Menus by Aidan Bennett, Apr 2020