1. Discuss "the blessedness of possessing nothing."
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Narrate a scene from Watership Down.
2. Describe an episode from Joan of Arc.
3. Summarize the morality play "Everyman."
1. Write a sentence using three adjectives.
2. Choose "her" or "she." Swords were given to __ and me.
3. Write sentences showing correct use of "than" and "then."
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: The English were marching along, in front was their advanced guard, under a knight who carried a white banner. Next came the guns, with the waggons full of provisions.
1. Tell what you know about the War of the Roses.
2. What do you know about Richard III?
3. Give a sketch of Luther's career and of the Diet at Worms.
4. Explain the disagreement between King Henry VIII and Sir Thomas More, and tell how it ended.
5. Give an account of Cardinal Wolsey.
1. Tell something about China and silver. Or, "Columbus went forward, however, as well as he could, with the establishment of a new colony, and with the search for gold." Tell what you know about this colony.
2. Tell about the history of potatoes. Or, Write about Columbus's third voyage.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. What do you know about "phlogiston"?
4. How does a plant use water?
5. What do you know about "the expanding universe"?
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. "The Natural Law system grows out of the two fundamental laws taught by all religions." What are those laws?
3. "Everyone has gracious impulses." Explain.
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If 8x =-32, what is the value of x?
2. If a $60 external hard drive is 25 percent off, what is the sale price?
3. A suitcase contains 6 rolled up pairs of blue socks and 8 pairs of white socks. If you reach in and grab a rolled up pair of socks, what is the probability that you'll get a blue pair?
4. Eight composition notebooks came to $7.76. How much was each notebook?
1. In your foreign language, write three sentences describing a walk around your neighborhood.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
|AO is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.|
Copyright © 2002-2020 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.
KEEP AO FREE by respecting our copyrights and License   Header and Menus by Aidan Bennett, Apr 2020