Exam Questions for Year 7 Lite Term 2
1. What do you think about evil in the world, and how it came to be? OR What can you do if you want to stand against the stream and live as God designed you to?
2. What was the purpose of the Cities of Refuge? How many can you name?
3. "Speak not thou in thine heart, saying, For my righteousness the Lord hath brought me in to possess this land. . ." Why did God allow the Israelites to possess the land?
4. "And who is my neighbor?" Tell the story. Or, explain the parable of the rich fool.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell one of the stories about how Bede got his name.
2. Describe the scene where Gurth and Wamba meet Locksley in the forest.
3. Write about a scene from Watership Down.
1. Write a sentence using three adjectives.
2. Choose "him" or "he." The winner of the election is __.
3. Write sentences showing correct use of "threw" and "through."
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: He went accordingly to the banquet, of which we have already mentioned the principal events. Immediately upon retiring from the castle, the Saxon thanes, with their attendants, took horse; and it was during the bustle which attended their doing so, that Cedric, for the first time, cast his eyes upon the deserter Gurth.
1. Give an account of the civil war between Stephen and Maud.
2. Give some account of the causes that led to the quarrel between Henry II and Thomas A Becket.
3. Tell all you know about Richard Coeur de Lion.
4. Tell all you know about the Magna Carta.
5. "Edward I was the last great figure in the formative period of English law." Explain.
6. What do you know about William Wallace or Robert Bruce and Scotland?
1. What do you know about Greenland?
2. Describe the Sheep Islands.
3. Write about an encounter with wildlife between the Faroes to Iceland.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain Pascal's Law and hydrodynamics, or how Bernoulli's Principle helps airplanes fly.
4. Explain the first law of thermodynamics -- the Law of Conservation of Matter.
5. What causes roots to grow downwards?
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Explain Thirst, Rest or Smell. What is its downfall, and how can that be avoided?
3. What's so bad about federal debt?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If -4x =12, what is the value of x?
2. If a $180 bicycle is 20 percent off, what is the sale price?
3. A bag contains 15 dark chocolates and 12 white chocolates. What is the probability of randomly taking a white chocolate from the bag?
4. Seven bridesmaids dresses were a total of $315. What was the price of each dress?
1. In your foreign language, write three sentences describing a walk around your neighborhood.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.