Exam Questions: Form 3A, Term 2
1. Discuss "the blessedness of possessing nothing."
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell one of the stories about how Bede got his name.
2. Describe the scene where Gurth and Wamba meet Locksley in the forest.
3. Write about one of the Wart's animal adventures from The Once and Future King.
1. Write a sentence using three adjectives.
2. Choose "him" or "he." The winner of the election is __.
3. Write sentences showing correct use of "threw" and "through."
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: He went accordingly to the banquet, of which we have already mentioned the principal events. Immediately upon retiring from the castle, the Saxon thanes, with their attendants, took horse; and it was during the bustle which attended their doing so, that Cedric, for the first time, cast his eyes upon the deserter Gurth.
1. Give an account of the civil war between Stephen and Maud.
2. Give some account of the causes that led to the quarrel between Henry II and Thomas A Becket.
3. Give an account of the Battle of Hastings.
4. Tell what you know about Henry Plantagenet.
5. "This is the measure of the great King's achievement. He had laid the foundations of the English Common Law, upon which succeeding generations would build." Explain.
1. Describe the Sheep Islands.
2. Write about an encounter with wildlife between the Faroes to Iceland.
3. What do you know about Greenland?
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain Pascal's Law and hydrodynamics, or how Bernoulli's Principle helps airplanes fly.
4. Explain the first law of thermodynamics -- the Law of Conservation of Matter.
5. What causes roots to grow downwards?
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Explain Smell, or Hearing. What is its downfall, and how can that be avoided?
3. Why is it good to have little discomforts to put up with?
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If -4x =12, what is the value of x?
2. If a $180 bicycle is 20 percent off, what is the sale price?
3. A bag contains 15 dark chocolates and 12 white chocolates. What is the probability of randomly taking a white chocolate from the bag?
4. Seven bridesmaids dresses were a total of $315. What was the price of each dress?
1. In your foreign language, write three sentences describing a walk around your neighborhood.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.