AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2016, 03:28 AM)dthomasof3 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of bringing my own food- does anyone know if there's a microwave,etc in the rooms? I don't know what to bring without knowing.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I don't think so. They don't even provide hair dryers.
So pack a cooler and sandwich stuff? :/

Sorry! Yes, probably. They expect everyone to eat in the dining hall.
I didn't think I'd be able to make it and then discovered the scholarships:-(

So how do they expect us to bring in our own food? Is there any idea of what food will be served? Could I call the retreat place and ask them?

(04-21-2016, 06:03 AM)dthomasof3 Wrote: [ -> ]So how do they expect us to bring in our own food? Is there any idea of what food will be served? Could I call the retreat place and ask them?

They don't expect you to bring your own food. We just are past the deadline for special accommodations, unfortunately.
They don't tell us what's on the menu? I don't have a crazy diet. I just can't consume gluten:/

(04-21-2016, 04:52 AM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. They don't even provide hair dryers.

My impression is that they're more of a nice camp than a conference hotel. We don't get hair dryers, but we get a bonfire! [Whoopee! smilie]
(04-21-2016, 07:51 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]We get a bonfire! [Whoopee! smilie]
Do we get 'smores?!?!? [Whoopee! smilie]
(04-21-2016, 08:26 AM)Purposeful Abnegation Wrote: [ -> ]Do we get 'smores?!?!? [Whoopee! smilie]

The husband snarkily said we could use twaddle books for the bonfire.