AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I too have a question about meals. I have multiple severe food allergies and there is no way they can accommodate me. Would love to know if they make any concessions. If not, there isn't a way for me to even come. :-(
So they can offer gluten free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-09-2016, 11:42 AM)WendiC Wrote: [ -> ]Nurslings, too. Lani's a former LLLeader, and more than one of us nursed a child to 2 or beyond. We do have rules about where you can breastfeed. We must observe the proprieties and not be disgraceful. That means absolutely no nursing in the toilet stalls and bathrooms.

[cheesy grin]
This might be one of my favorite things I've read on here. My heart started to sink when I read "rules," but then I laughed out loud by the end. My (currently) 6 month old nursling will be coming. I am praying fervently my 4.5 year old will be weaned by then. 😶 (Either way, he won't be with me!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
(02-09-2016, 12:20 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]There's no requirement that you be a parent to attend.  My teenage daughter will be there!

(02-09-2016, 12:33 PM)Lani Wrote: [ -> ]Kati,

Of course you are welcome!

[Whoopee! smilie] Oh yippee! [Whoopee! smilie] Thank you so much! [Whoopee! smilie]
They allow no outside food in the dining rooms and meeting rooms. I'm assuming they cannot dictate food in your car. But they also tell us their chef is up to a challenge, so my suggestion is give us your detailed dietary restrictions and we'll ask. I'm pretty sure they can do gluten free.
Our whole family will be going up for the conference. I am unfamiliar with the area. Does anyone know if there is a place for us all to stay (5).

And, I figured I will go to all the sessions while hubby takes care of our two youngest kids. My teenager (age 15) wants to come, especially if there will be other teens there! Has there been any talk about how that might be if teens want to gather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not from the area, but for lodging off-site, you can try searching www.kayak.com or www.hotels.com. There's also www.airbnb.com for something more homey.
Look for lodging in Waxahaxie.

At least a few teens will be attending, but they will pay the registration fee just like the adults.
I think it's spelled Waxahachie
Sorry! I should have not typed that in a hurry.